1. Dump the database with a command like:
mysqldump -h localhost -u mysql_user -p database_name > xxxx.sql

In case you need to restore this version, the command is:

mysql -h localhost -u mysql_user -p database_name < xxxx.sql
  1. I make a ZIP copy of the current Dolibarr files:
zip -r doli-XXXX.zip public_html

To proceed with the update:

1. Get the new ZIP version, with something like:
wget https://newcontinuum.dl.sourceforge.net/project/dolibarr/Dolibarr%20ERP-CRM/18.0.0/dolibarr-18.0.0.zip

(I get the URL by downloading the file from SourceForge)

1. Unzip the ZIP with the new version of Dolibarr:
unzip dolibarr-18.0.0.zip
  1. With the “cp -r” command, an “intelligent copy” is made, that is, the origin files are copied to the destination, overwriting those that already exist with the same name/path, but WITHOUT DELETING those that already exist, for example in /documents:
cp -r dolibarr-13.0/* bylsa.bimex.tech
  1. Before visiting Dolibarr in the browser, you must “deactivate” the install.lock file:
mv public_html/documents/install.lock public_html/documents/install.lock_
  1. From the web browser visit Dolibarr and you will be automatically redirected to the “web updater” where you just have to follow the instructions by clicking a few times… normally you will not have to touch anything from your server configuration, if you already had some Dolibarr running.

Comment: if any of the update steps take too long (more than 2 minutes?) you can do CTRL+F5 (CTRL is important) to refresh the page. This is because if the process to execute during the update takes longer than the specified PHP limit, the process does not usually interrupt, meaning it continues working, but when it’s done it NEVER responds to the web browser. So, the trick is to leave enough time for PHP to finish executing the processes, and then, if the page does not reload itself, execute CTRL+F5 in your browser, to update the information about the update process.

1. Once the installation is finished in the browser, you will be redirected to the LOGIN page.

2. Then, we must “activate” the install.lock file again:

mv public_html/documents/install.lock_ public_html/documents/install.lock

If your new version of Dolibarr doesn’t work well and you want to go back to the previous version, you have to:

1. Delete the files from your website:
rm -rf public_html/*
  1. Restore the backup ZIP files that you made at the beginning:
unzip doli-XXXX.zip
  1. Dump the database backup that you made at the beginning:
mysql -h localhost -u mysql_user -p database_name < xxxx.sql

And that’s it!

i think you didn’t understand i will go back to V17.0.3

Hello,

To go back to a previous version : Re-install the backup you have made prior to migration.
If you have no backup : Not possible to downgrade.

and that is you pretty sure of because my try out server is looking okay