How to add costs to products

Hi,
I have been facing a challenge of adding costs to procured products on FOB basis. Besides the supplier invoice, I pay Freight, custom duties, VAT and logistics costs which I cannot link to the product total cost to get an actual stock value.

I tried a turn around solution as follows: (Example on duties)

1. Create a supplier called “custom duties”
  2. Issue a PO with the product under duties, quantity = 1 and price = duties value.
  3. I receive the virtual product at the warehouse. (now the weighted average price at warehouse is correct)
  4. I do stock correction and deduct the quantity “1”.
  5. Now I have a correct stock and value.

Of course, there must be a more professional and straight forward way. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

What version?

There is a charges field in products which lets you add extra charges for that product.

[code]
PRODUCT_CHARGES => Adds an extra field for adhoc charges at the product buying price stage. The Cost price is then calculated with supplier price + charges if defined. Useful for extra costs for a product or certain delivery charges to the product. [/code

1 Like

HI,

I’m using 8.0.2, I can’t find this PRODUCT_CHARGES field in products. Does it require particular action?

Thank you.

Hi. An news about it? I have version 8 and that variable is not working.

Hello.
We have the same problem. When we buy a product, we sometimes have additional cost, such as shipping or customs duties. Is it possible to add it to the purchasing price of a product? I have tried PRODUCT_CHARGES, with values none/0/1, but I don’t see an extra field coming up in the product card (purchasing price).
Please help if possible. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I have the same issue , and also if I want to divide the extra charges depend on the items quantity or item cost or items volumes is this option available in dolibarr

Please check this post:

BTW, I haven’t tried PRODUCT_CHARGES. I’m using ver 14. I will check if that would work.

The field comes up though it doesn’t seem to do anything. Look just above Vendor description when you open Vendor prices.