Product purchase and sale price

Hi,

How can I put a percentage on the purchase price and make it available in the sale price?

Ex. “product x” purchase value U$D 100.00 and I have to put a percentage of 15% (freight expenses/commission, etc) on the U$D 100.00 and U$D 115.00 appears as the sale price.

Thanks

check this module that might help:
https://www.dolistore.com/en/modules/934-Transport-cost--order-supplier-.html
This will distribute the extra cost on product price(s).

BTW, I tried to add tax at 10% however the cost price didn’t add tax value to the product purchase price.

I just tested this module.
Unfortunately it does not solve the valuation of the stock items as needed.
The invoice from the vendor should remain unchanged (reflecting the original document from him.
These additional costs should be reflected on the products’ AWP when doing a step which is not reflected in any documents available in the dolibar system. Let me share my view.

The complete PURCHASE process should go like this:

1. If needed ask prices from vendor (generates virtual Vendor Proposal doc.)
  2. Wait for answer from vendor confirming prices unchenged or altered. Store it in the project or product docs tab.
  3. Convert virtual proposal in system to validated Vendor Proposal bringing it in line with the real thing.
  4. Create Vendor Order doc. (either directly picking items from products list or copy from validated vendor proposal, latter option creates )
  5. Emit order to vendor (edi, email, fax etc). This will trigger several real life documents in the business process created by your third parties.
    a). Your vendor will emit at least two real life (RL) documents: a Packing List and an Invoice. Sends invoice to you asap (maybe a Proforma Invoice). Sends Packing list to forwarder. Invoice may or may not include additional transportation and insurance costs already.
    b) The forwarder will initiate transportation process pending conditions, creates a Delivery Notice with an expected delivery date.
  6. You will create a new draft Vendor Invoice in response to 5a) in the system either directly or by copying the Vendor Order. This invoice should reflect the RL invoice.
  7. You will prepare one or several future or immediate payments (dependant on vendor conditions) of invoice, thus generating Payment Documents in dolibarr. (Imagine conditions are 30% with order, 50% upon receipt and 20% at 30 days date of invoice). Do not forget to link the payment to the invoice.
  8. In response to 5b) you will create a Receipt Document either directly or by copying the invoiced items. (keep in mind that one may have several shipments for the same invoice).
  9. Wait for products to arrive (I will not describe the different import procedures here but let’s follow a customs dispatched order which is the more complicated)
  10. Upon arrival of shipment in customs office you will receive notification of payment of Customs Duties, VAT and any forwarder service costs. You will have to create a Payment Document to the forwarder and Pay upfront. You will receive processed documents in the future. (you may force asking for a proforma invoice but it is simpler not doing it, just make sure you have proof of payment and ask for a receipt of that payment - which they will ignore and send an invoice at their leasurely tempo).
  11. If there was some sort of payment to be done upon receipt of goods to the vendor this is the time to do it. Just create a new Payment Document if it was not previously created in step 7 and send the payment in real life with proof and any e-mail confirming reception from vendor. (actually the payment subprocess should only end upon confirmation from vendor of the receipt of all payments).
  12. Upon delivery of the goods from the forwarder you will validate the previously created Receipt Document thus effectively moving and valuating your stock (some may only move stock based on invoices - I prefer perpetual inventory with movements based on receipt and sending of goods.with any additional valuation corrections done afterwards)
  13. Now put away your products in the warehouse, start whatever sales or manufacturing process you wanted with these goods and wait for the final RL documents to arrive from your two vendors (supplier/partner and forwarder) and depending on whichever documents arrive first…
  14. Create a new final Payment Document if there was still any pending values to settle in the Vendor Invoice and close it unless there are cost lines in it to be distributed.among the rest of the products in inventory.
  15. Create a new Vendor Invoice for the forwarder invoice you have finally received and bear in mind the previously mentioned 3 types of costs in different lines of the invoice. In my business process I might create a Vendor Order as a template for these 3 lines where the VAT tax is only calculated on the Forwarder Service Costs because the ather 2 lines are taxes themselves (you will not have taxes billed from your government over other taxes, unless they’re dowright thieves, a few do that with gasoline a and diesel but hey, it’s not a perfect world!)
  16. Link your Payment of step 10 with the Invoice of the previous step so that there are no outstanding payments to anyone no more.
  17. Now comes the fun part. Grab all your additional costs (Transportation, Insurance, Customs Duties, Forwarder Services) and sum them up. Correct the Inventory valuation so that these costs add to the products of the Vendor Invoice in a weighted way. This is an Inventory Correction in Dolibar. I guess? Have not tried it yet, but am searching hard. In my business process I call this finalizing the Entry of Goods in Warehouse.

This is the price that should be available in the PMP field in the product page. Alas it is not and I do not know how to make this. It should be a simple matter of pressing a button after identifying all the intervenient prices.

From what I gather none of the available third party modules does this. Shame. I know how to code but do not have the time to create a module for this as this should be basal to the dolibarr system otherwise people are wrongly using the PMP price to base their selling prices

I can vouch, from experience, that these 4 tiny costs, can go up to 20% or 30% of the product’s price in some instances. If you decide to make your selling price a markup of, say, 25% over you PMP (AWP) price then you’re loosing money and time. Close shop!

That’s it! I’ll try to give an example with numbers later.