How to create 1 local host account for 6 staff

Hello great community!

Question: How do i link all the fesh download localhost account for my staff?

Context:

• i downloaded fresh download to each of my staff computers
  • I created an account for each of them on my computer (superadmin)
  • it seems that i cannot connect all of these accounts under my Superadmin account?

question: how can i connect all of these accuonts under 1 local host? or did i do something incorrectly?

best,

KT

Hello,

If you have installed Dolibarr on each staff computers meaning that you have now 6 independent Dolibarr.
But it seems that you want only one centralized Dolibarr.
If so :

• Install dolibarr ONLY on one computer (the server).
  • The other staff computer can connect to the server via their webbrowser.

Thanks for the feedback - say the i would to use my computer as the server, how do the staff can login via their webbrowser?

By entering the IP address of the server

@Kathran:
is it a good idea to use your personal computer as server ? What if you shut it down ?
I wouldn’t like everybody to work on my computer, despite of the access the user have.
Why don’t you like to set up an independent computer as server, where everybody (including you) work on ?

regards
Stefan

1 Like

Thanks for the response, i am new at this.

• having a separate computer sounds good - i can use one computer as a server, to do that i would just download Dolibarr into it, and everyone else (the staff and including myself) would connect via web the server?
  • is there a URL to connect via the web server to login ?
  • or does it mean that everyone would have to use the same computer? just with a different account?
  • is it possible for 1 computer to be used as the “main server” with the downloaded Dolibarr software - and have other staff utilise their own computer to login into their own Dolibarr account via the web server?

Hej Kathran,

at home i have a PC set up with apache, php and mysql under Ubuntu. This computer is accessed via its IP (it is set static, so the DHCP doesn’t give it a new IP when it is rebootet). From another pc Dolibarr can be accessed via a browser. So it’s the same as if Dolibarr was hosted on a server in the internet.
Everyone is working on his own computer and can work with his own applications and this pc. He just has to use a browser to work with Dolibarr.

regards
Stefan

1 Like

thanks for the help everyone

• I will set up a computer to be used a the “main server”

• download dolibarr on that computer - run it all the time 24/7 - computer will have apache, php, and mysql - Set IP to static

• provide staff access via the IP of the computer through a web browser

thanks again

Hej Khatran,

if you have done so (and hopefully were successful) please share your experiences with us. I can imagine that you have ideas to fullfil your needs for others could be useful too :fu: :wink:

regards
Stefan

1 Like

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your message and help. I am trying to set it up as you mention, but still having some difficulties so got some help some another friend. In meantime, you and your team at Dolibarr have been incredibly helpful. Much appreciated the fast turnaround for answering the questions.

As a complete newbie, some of the terms or things to do are a bit confusing but i am trying to learn,

thanks again,

best,

K

Hi Khatran,

I agree with you, Stefan is tremendously helpful and he’s very responsive that’s why I’m very thankful to him.

Based on my experienced with the help of Stefan, you should configure the ip address of server as static. Please check this thread if you are linux user, (Solved)I cannot access my dolibarr from another computer - #15 by deploy.

Hello guys!

May I suggest you something I have done already and works perfectly?

• build a server just for Dolibarr (it doesn’t need a good computer, Dolibarr is a lightweight software)
    • Install Debian 10
  1. Install Dolibarr (.deb)
  2. on terminal, type Hostname and save the name of the server (mine is Debianserver for instance)
  3. in your notebook or in the computer of your staff, use Chrome or Firefox, then type /servername/dolibarr it’s the easiest way to reach the server
  4. It doesn’t work for Android, as I tested before. You have to type IPnumber/dolibarr

Hope it works for you. I took some months to figure it out how to make it work smoothly like now.