How to open dolibarr on a different pc/laptop on a different Network

Hi all i m new so in dying need of assistances, so i already install dolibarr on my laptop but i want it to be accessible from anywhere even though its connected to a different network
Thanks

okay you then need to let your laptop stay in the same network and make a forward port 80 from your internet router to your laptop then you just type in ip adr. of router and now you can access it every where (there is some issue about firewall)

Or to install Dolibarr on a remote server, or to use a cloud dolibarr : Cloud Solutions for Dolibarr ERP CRM - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki

Hey @nemprinter
so sorry how do i do that i m new at doing this so still confuse, it will help a lot if you could me instructions on how to do that
thanks

first you can test from another PC or tablet type in IP adr. of PC with Dolibarr install in a browser like this http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dolibarr/ then you shut see your dolibarr login

@nemprinter Yes i can open it if i m using the same network/wifi

okay then what is your internet connection do you have a server or a router
if it is a router you need to check Port forwarding and that have to point to your laptop ip adr
and it is port 80 you need to set to point at that and accept in router firewall

@nemprinter
mine is router

so for wan host ip address and lan host should i fill my ipv4,
also for wan port and lan host port i m i already correct

okay it is wwan if it is then next question is it open for data connect in because i have self a try out server on wwan and i have get a fix ip adress for this

and yes it is your ip adress

@nemprinter
How do i check if i have an open for data connect?

your ISP = internet service provider they can tell you if it is open

Hey @nemprinter no my router isn’t open for data connect does that mean i have to make my ip static

@nemprinter so what you mean by my router is it open for data connect, is it making my router an access point?

Yeah, All you need to do is to know the LAN IP of your Laptop or PC and the Port where you did during the Installation. e.g.(For Example): http://192.168.1.100:80/dolibarr/index.php

192.168.1.100 - (Assuming that this is the LAN IP Address of your Laptop
80 - (Assuming that Port during the installation, Note also open this port from your router and make sure that the Firewall from You Laptop/PC is allowing to access the following below)
dolibarr - (This is the default directory where you installed from your Laptop/PC)
index.php - (is the Landing Page or Log in page if you may)

i am affraid that we talk in 2 different things i have a test connection for my new server it is a netlink nighthawk m1 but in my case i need to ask for a static ip from my ISP

Ok thx for the info I will try it @isoscent @nemprinter