How to set stock account to be decrease?

Hello, I’m quite confused with dolibar flow of customer order. I tried to make one, and use advance accounting. When an shipment created, it’s not creating any journal in dolibarr accounting module, which is strange. After the invoice paid, the journal that created is only 4, invoice, for bank, and one for the income, but never touch stock account, that means the stock account in accounting module never decreased. How to set it to the right one so the stock account/journal decreased? Thanks sorry for bad english

see both account below.

Please anyone could help me. Thanks.
*eg, I tried to find dolibarr representative in Indonesia, but I can’t find one, I hope someone in the comunity could help me. Thanks.

Anyone? Please? I’m really clueless :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

have you activated stock management

1 Like

I already set it on and the stock on the stock card is decreased, but not the value of the stock on the accounting module.

Also the margin is shown on the stock card.

The real problem is only one, it’s not doing posting on advance accounting journal.
(See my first post)
That only create 4 journal account when I tried the sell flow from making a draft of sell goods and it cause a problem. What problem?
The accounting journal is balance, but the value of the stock not decreased, that cause us can’t sum the margin in the accounting module and the result of it the report will have a wrong profit and such.
Just it, on SAP, when draft is created and the draft of sell accepted, the accounting module will born 2 journal row, one on sale of goods (I just wrote gods hahaha… -_-), the other is on account receivable.
when the shipment is created, the accounting will born 2 journal on 2 account, one decrease the stock and one is increase the COGS, and one on decrease the stock. when the payment been paid, then it will born 2 more account, AR(Account Receivable) and then the other is increase the payment way like the bank account, or other thing. The missing part is only when decrease the stock and add the COGS account. Just it.
Is the accounting should be manual or such or maybe the accounting ways is way more different? Thanks a lot for replying my problem at least.

@benlimanto

Have you set default accounts for products?
Is your stock in warehouse decreasing?
Check the full list for movement?
Check the entries in Accountancy -> Product Accounts, there you can manually move accounts if its not set properly in Default Accounts.
Hope you will find your answers there.

Yes the stock on the warehouse is decreasing.
2nd I already set the default account, and I post it on ledger.

The problem isn’t I can’t set or wrong set the default account, my problem here, the stock on accounting account never decrease, because dolibarr only add sell of goods, add the account balance when paid just it.
That cause me can’t generate any profit or lose in the end of month.

Does it really need me myself to insert stock decrease on accounting manually on ledger ? Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

Please, can some one confirm that Dolibarr doesn’t manage Perpetual Inventory accounting and it manages only Periodic Inventory system of accounting

Any updates on this topic ?

How can we store the Total stocks value of all products in an account as Asset for the company?

We can see stock value in two ways:

1. Click stock tab from the product card

2. From reports module bought from Dolistore

After the sale or purchase of a product, we bind the invoices and we see the value in respective accounting codes on Account balance/Ledger. Similarly, Is it possible to add an accounting code for asset ? Because Dolibarr does not store the stock value of a product in an accounting code.

Hi,

Perpetual Inventory accounting for Dolibarr is now available as an addon in Dolistore.

Please check the addon in Dolistore - https://www.dolistore.com/en/products-services-or-stock/1281-Perpetual-Inventory-Accounting.html

Regards
Gnani.