How to upgrade from version 9 to 10?

Version 10 is out - how exciting :happy:

But somehow I’m missing something, and the update routine doesn’t start automatically. Here’s what I did:

1. Downloaded latest files from Sourceforge

2. Followed these instructions

3. I’m positive that files were copied into the correct folder (“accounting”), here’s a screenshot:

But when I log in, it still just shows version 9.0.2, and no update/install routine starts.

I read the README.md instructions, but to no avail. Also, I noticed there’s the INSTALL text file, but there’s no “install” folder.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I figured it out, just sharing in case somebody else is interested.

The original instructions indicate that all files from the unzipped Dolibarr 10 file should be copied:

$ cp -r dolibarr-x.y.z/* dolibarr

However, it’s actually only the content of subfolder “htdocs” that should be copied over into the existing Dolibarr folder (the current installation).

So the correct command is this (assuming that Dolibarr was installed in the subfolder “dolibarr”):

$ cp -r dolibarr-10.0.0/htdocs/* dolibarr

I just did this and updating took just like a minute or two.

2 Likes

Here is my solution to upgrade dolibarr! after hours of try outs…
The difference from the instructions is that you should download the new version to your computer.
(in my case, I have in CPanel two folders, one name XYZ (contains hdocs) and the other named A (contains the rest of the documents)
So in my computer I ziped the new files and named as per in my CPanel, I have a XYZ.zip (that now has the update) and a A.zip (that has the rest of the update). UPLOAD THOSE TO YOUR CPANEL,
then in Cpanel extract them. (the install.lock file should be removed by now).
That’s it, continue with the instructions.

Some how, if I copy and paste the files within CPanel something gets deleted and it didn’t work. This was the solution.
I hope It’s clear.
Cheers,
GL

struggling here too. I have a folder with it all in so upload the upgrade to the folder above that one, rename the folder to that of the upgrade, extract the upgrade which hopefully overwrites the files to be upgraded, rename the folder back and then go to the install/upgrade page, which at the moment doesn’t recognise any new installations!!