How to use of Group of account

I did not understand how and when to use the group of account.
In the charts of the accounts I see that some voices have as a group and sub-group XXXX; in others they have a name’s group (eg CAPIT) and still subgroup XXXXX.
In still others there are names both with the group and with the subgroup (eg CAPIT / CAPITAL).

But what are they for?

Hello

Thanks for posting. You’re post was moved to the How To | Help section.

Kindly post (here) your Dolibarr setup environment as suggested in [url]www.dolibarr.org/t/post-guidelines/16873/1 This will greatly help the community in assisting you where possible.

To improve Dolibarr community engagement, you are also strongly advised to update your profile details to include your location and gender.

OK, below you find the information, but I do not think they are relevant since mine is not an issue, but only a clarification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOLIBARR ENVIRONMENT
- Version: 			8.0.1
- Operating System:	 	Ubuntu Server 16.04
- Web Server: 			Apache
- PHP: 				7.0.2
- Database: 			MariaDB
- URL(s): 			Intranet
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize, but I want to resubmit the question again.

This is for version 9.0.0

stable version is 9.0.2.

www.dolibarr.org/t/how-to-setup-chart-of-accounts-version-9-00/17420/1

Can give you some idea how it works.

I am already working with 9.02, only it is not documented how to use the Groups / Subgroups.
Indeed, the documentation in general is really lacking.
It is not useful to have a documentation that merely reports the name of the menu or field if it do not describe the purpose or do not give examples.
in this case, there are not even charts of account to refer to.

I understand your pain, as I am going through the same. As of now Accounting module is not full accounting, as there are many important accounting features are still missing.

Currently there are Chart of accounts which are already defined in database.
Follow my previous post to select and load desired chart of accounts or you can edit / create your own.

Once you have chart of account, then follow accounting setup for default accounts setting.
Once you have invoice or payment entries it will reflect the account automatically in your Ledger & Journals.
There will be option to change chart of accounts or group or sub-groups too.

Hope this will help.

No, because all Charts of Accounts are empty: FR, UK, DE, BE, Africans Contries, …
I select them, load… nothing. All empty.

share screenshot

was there any error during your upgrade?

you need to reinstall dolibarr again and look out for errors if any.

For upgrade make sure you follow step by step upgrade eg. 8.0.0 to 8.x.x to 9.0.0 to 9.x.x

DOLIBARR ENVIRONMENT
- Version: 9.0.1
- Operating System: Debian 4.18.6-1~bpo9+1
- Web Server: Apache 2.0
- PHP: PHP 7.3
- Database: MariaDB 10.3.13
- URL(s): domain//accountancy/admin/account.php

Same issue on my side with the versions above on a clean install and setup. No error messages displayed, how can I troubleshoot this?

I am having same issue with new clean install of 9.03

I have checked https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/issues for a reported bug but couldn’t spot one.

Has someone found a way to load the chart of accounts or would a more experienced user like to check this out and report the bug to the issue list.

I am brand new to Dolibarr and looks really exciting.

Thank you to anyone who can help

I am now able to load chart of accounts.
Nothing is wrong with the install file via the dolibarr downloads button.
The problem was that I had found out about Dolibarr via Softaculous and had simply used their install rather than the dolibarr download.
A fresh install with the extracted files from that download and all is good.

1 Like

I downloaded from the Download Page and didnt get the COA for Australia. Are you able to share it?