HTTP Error 500 when trying to import a new category listing in tools module

Hello community,

I am writing to you because I am having problems in versions 12.0.x to load new category listings in the tools module for new import. It allows me to load the file up to step 2 but when in step 3 I select the file to import I get the HTTP error 500 message and it won’t let me do anything else.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I look forward to your comments or possible solutions.

Regards,

Leonardo M.

Hi,

Error 500 means PHP error

Check your hosting logs

Hi ksar,

This is the log error of the moment when I tried to import the Category listing from an Excel file:

[11-Oct-2020 23:42:08 America/Bogota] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PHPExcel_Reader_Exception: Could not open /home/ferreter1/dolibarrdata_pruebas/import/temp/20201010163553-Ejemplo_de_archivo_importación_categorie_1.xlsx for reading! File does not exist. in /home/ferreter1/public_html/dolibarr_pruebas/includes/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Reader/Excel2007.php:348
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ferreter1/public_html/dolibarr_pruebas/core/modules/import/import_xlsx.modules.php(248): PHPExcel_Reader_Excel2007->load('/home/ferreter1...')
#1 /home/ferreter1/public_html/dolibarr_pruebas/imports/import.php(708): ImportXlsx->import_open_file('/home/ferreter1...', Object(Translate))
#2 {main}
  thrown in /home/ferreter1/public_html/dolibarr_pruebas/includes/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Reader/Excel2007.php on line 348

This error only occurs in the Category listings import.
I have imported product listings and it works fine.

Regards,

Hi,

There is two possibilities :

1. You have a problem with the PHP configuration for temporary files
  2. There is some special characters on you file name that cause touble 20201010163553-Ejemplo_de_archivo_importación_categorie_1.xlsx like ó
1 Like

Thanks ksar,

The problem is the special character in the name of the file. I have changed the name and it works. The problem is solved.

I hadn’t known that restriction because it is the standard name of the example file that is included into Dolibarr when is configured in Spanish.

Regards,

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 500 Internal Server Error server error response code indicates that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

This error response is a generic “catch-all” response. Usually, this indicates the server cannot find a better 5xx error code to response. Sometimes, server administrators log error responses like the 500 status code with more details about the request to prevent the error from happening again in the future.