I can't find the documents directory to add the install.lock file

Hi,

I can’t find the documents directory to add the install.lock file

help

It is listed in Home > Admin-Tools > About your webserver
(not sure if the English transaltions match exactly).

hello,

I don’t see the “documents” folder there to be able to put the install.lock file

In the shown table, there is a line specifying the “Data files directory”. The stated file path ends with a folder called “documents”. This is the place where the install.lock needs to be.

does not appear.

there is the image.

I have even checked the cpanel, where I checked the root directory of the website and the root directory of files. but I can’t find it.

The screenshot clears the confusion up.

My Spanish is unfortunately just minimal, but I would go for the “Directorio raiz de los archivos de datos” - probably the standard name of the document folder got changed during the installation of Dolibbarr. So the install.lock then needs to go into the folder dolibarrCarlos.

hello,

already did. I put dolibarrCarlos in the directory.

Now I’ll have to wait for a new update to see how it works.

Thank my Lord Priojk

Just to be sure: the existence of the file install.lock will prevent any further updates. If you need to update Dolibarr to a newer version, you first need to remove this file. - It is just there as a security measure against unauthorized modifications to your system.

okay. Sir thank you very much for your help.

Greetings

(Please note that the Dolibarr wiki provides different and contradictory instructions here: Installation - Upgrade - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki
This instructs the install.lock file to be placed under the root directory in the first bullet point but then under /documents/ in the second. However, this “documents” directory does not exist post-install. This caused some confusion for me and might for other people.)

This should clear up any confusion:

I looked in my conf/conf.php file and found the following line:

$dolibarr_main_document_root=‘/home/XXX/erp’; (where XXX is my main root directory for my website, I’m just hiding it so as to not confuse anyone reading this). This is the same directory that priojk mentioned above as listed next to “Web server’s root directory”, just a different way of accessing it. Alternatively if you do Home → Admin Tools → Upgrade / Extend, after the check page you will see “Step 3: Remove/rename file /home/XXX/dolib/install.lock if it exists, to allow usage of the Update/Install tool.” once again, referencing the root directory.

In the meantime I will suggest a change to the wiki as it’s a bit confusing.

Do you have an access to your host with FTP ? if yes :
1 - Access your root dolibarr directory with a FTP Client
2 - Just create this file in this folder /document/install.lock (empty file is enought)