Importing data for module that uses other objects

Hi everyone. I have written a module called Claims that has fields that depends upon other modules. Things like Contracts and Third Parties. I am trying to setup the import/export features for this module.

Let’s say I have a CSV file of Claims, and some of the Third Parties for the Claims do not exist in the system yet. Is there a way to specify in the import information to auto insert the new Third Parties if they do not exist? Or is it a requirement that you have to import all your Third Parties prior to importing Claims?

Thanks

Alter your module code as follow:

1. Create an upload from the CSV file (DO NOT use the Tools>import for your module)
  2. Read the file using the PHPSpreadsheet library (included in Dolibarr)
  3. Check if the third party exists and if not create it
  4. Import the Claims or do whatever you need to do

I guess, in your modules database table you have a field named fk_soc to link the record to a third party so … yes, they should be present before importing your claims, no matter how you do it.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep your suggestion in my back pocket, but for now, I have chosen to force my customers to import 3rd parties, contracts, products, and so on before importing Claims. It’s not ideal, but I’d rather do that, than have a different importer.