Importing products - only first six fields (columns) read

Hello,
I’m using version 13.0.1.

I’m importing products and whatever I do Dolibarr reads only first six fields of my Excel sheet. Please look at the pictures.

Why is this happening?

Hej Ilinaric,

i’ve never imported data this way (i prefer to add it directly into the table). But just some suggestions:

• are the special characters in some fields which prevent Dolibarr from importing the data
  • are there values in the importing fields (i know that sounds strange, but sometimes Excel creates strange results via exporting :frowning: )
  • do you get an error message when you try to import ?

regards
Stefan

1 Like

Also my experience, use of csv works better. You can also check your csv in Notepad++ if there is a problem in the layout.

1 Like

Regarding empty fields here’s what worked for me;
I’ve simply copied and pasted my worksheet (with “keep source formatting”) to a blank new document. Never had any formatting or tables in my worksheet but this did work. I used Dolibarr template to name the columns but it seems that there is some other setting in the original file that prevent Dolibarr from reading all the fields.

Also I had to break my worksheet with 8600 products into nine files of 1000.
Now all products are successfully uploaded but there is another issue for which I’ll start a new thread.

And to answer your questions:

• are the special characters in some fields which prevent Dolibarr from importing the data? NO
  • are there values in the importing fields? YES
  • do you get an error message when you try to import? NO

I could try CSV but XLSX now works and it’s my preferred choice.

Thank you both for answering.