Independent ERP consultant discovers Dolibarr

Hi there,

I’m kakanox, 30 yrs of age and live in the Netherlands. I have about 8 years of experience in ERP software. After working for a few software companies (first 3 yrs software support, then a good mix of functional-, technical- and business intelligence consultancy) I decided it was time to go independent.

Since then I have been working for a number of my earlier customers and a few new customers. I also have a few small prospects looking for a decent and affordable solution and in need of some customizing. One of these companies was willing to “take the plunge” therefore I decided to look around for an open source ERP solution that would fit their needs, allow for some customizing and - since their budget is low - would be usable for future prospects as well (they will only be paying for a small percentage of my hours).

We found two very interesting solutions of which Dolibarr is one: I like it for it’s very nice and logical interface, simple and well-documented technology (PHP, MySQL, will run on standard Linux server) and of course the possibility to distribute it SaaS.

The other solution is powerful, highly customizable and I think it will scale better (different RDBMS), but it is also complex (both to install and use) and quite server-hungry.

We decided to implement both and this is where their budget comes in handy: I am investing a lot of my hours in getting to know both software solutions. Dolibarr will be their main ERP system but they will help me with testing the other solution (using their own implementation).

I must say I really like Dolibarr and look forward to doing more projects with the software. Also I am planning to looking into adding a few modules myself in the near future. I am thinking of some additions for localization and a module for a few companies in one corporate sector, but more news on that when I actually start the functional design :happy:

If you think I might be able to help you out, let me know - and if you’re still reading, thanks for the interest!

Sure, you can help.
First thing is probably to validate/localize language file for nederlands. Way to process is described here:
http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Translator_documentation#Translate_Dolibarr_into_another_language

Hey,

would you mind sharing what the other solution is?

Thanks

All ideas to help project are here:
http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Dolibarr_Project#Help_the_project

Hi Kakanox,

I’m a Holland-based Dolibarr user/developer/implementor as well, I would be interested to get in touch with you, however apparently this forum doesn’t allow one to send private messages. Maybe you can send me an e-mail to the address in my profile, or give me your e-mail address so I can send you an e-mail.

Thanks!

@wakago: you can use Recaptcha to post a direct link to your mail address and prevent spambots at the same time.