Industrial Internet & IoT

We are a student’s group from the University of Applied Sciences in Saint Gall, and we are for researching purposes here. Please see below our questions, maybe someone in this forum has some answers to these questions or experience with Industrial Internet and IoT. Thank you very much for your help.

* What kind of Interfaces does this software have?

* Is it possible to connect it with other open source Systems like PDM, CAD, CAM to create an IoT for Industrial Internet?

* How can be Files shared from your System to another, which filetypes are used?

* Is it possible to create an automated data-sharing between opensource Software like ERP, PDM, CAD, MES, CAM?

Hello and welcome to Dolibarr!

I will try to answer your questions as best as possible based on my knowledge of using Dolibarr for the last four versions (across the last three years).

Dolibarr can be used through a browser, self-hosted or hosted through a webhosting company. It is also available in Windows as a standalone application. There is also DoliCloud which is the hosted commercial version.

Yes through the ever-expanding custom APIs it is possible.

If you are referring to user files which are uploaded within the application then they can be downloaded once uploaded. Files can also be sent as PDF attachments via the built-in email system. External modules allow users to share files or sync them with popular cloud services such as SplashSync or Dropbox.

Yes, through the built-in CRON feature (aka Scheduled Jobs), external systems could be quite easily linked together with custom APIs.

Dolibarr is very flexible. The main goal is to focus on productivity with the business in mind. Each version brings a bundle of changes and new features.

Hope the above all helps.

1 Like

Hey! Are you still looking for responders?
Let me know and I’ll chip in.