Manufacturing Pricing Issues

Hi all. New installer of Dolibarr 16.0.1 on a Windows platform. I’m currently experimenting with BOM’s and Manufacturing Orders for a business we are currently launching. I’m having issues with the BOM & MO on BOM calculations when one of the products used in the BOM has a 0.5 Manufacturing efficiency. When applying a 0.5 (50% loss) factor, the quantities are updated correctly, but I don’t understand how the manufacturing price gets calculated.

Long story short, we work with cured meat. Using a 0.5 Manufacturing Efficient works out perfectly, since we lose around 50% of the meat weight when it dries. So if we want to produce 1kg of cured beef, we essentially would need 2kg of meat to produce the product. The spices and the liquid stays at a factor of 1 for manufacturing efficiency.

That said, if your product cost is as follows:

-Beef $4/kg
-Spice $0.30
-Worcestershire Sauce $0.09

The total Raw ingredient cost would be $5.39, but since we need double the quantity of Meat since the efficiency is 0.5, then we need to add an additional $4. So the true cost of the manufacturing price should be $8.39.

Am I missing something? I did not specify the amount of time it takes to manufacture. Would that influence it? I also tried another example of a BOM where all Manufacturing Efficiencies are set at 1, and it doubles the Price from $10 to $20.

Please help. I really would like to use Dolibarr. It is a very easy-to-use system and seems a right fit if we can get it to work.

Why Does the Production display $12.78 for the production cost? How is it calculated?

Seems to be a DoliWamp issue. I created another company setup on Dolicloud and the calculations are correct and have no issues.