Masking System Question

Good morning,

This question is in regards to the masking for Shipments / Vendor(Supplier) orders / etc - having to do with Years.

For example for shipments I would like the mask to be 2022-0000 - that is fine with the {yyyy}-{0000}

For my Supplier Orders - I would like it to be 2223-0000 until April (fiscal change):

I can’t figure out how to make the Year part work. {yy}{yy+1}{0000} is what I tried but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello,

from my experience, there are only the features available, which are shown when you hover the cursor over the little “i” icon next to the number schema field.

In other words: Out of the box you can probably only get the year in a length of 1,2 or 4 digits, but you cannot make any calculation based on its value. The yy+1 will not work, as you have experienced.

As far as I can see, the only option would be a modification of the source code - and I am not sure if it’s really worth the effort, if there is no strict (e.g. legal) requirement.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the confirmation! Agreed not worth modifying the core code - quick but manual solution would be to run the {yy}23{0000} and then at fiscal change date just change the “23” to 24.

Thank you again!

This can be done with custom module.