Move database to secondary HDD

Hello everybody!
I use V15.0.1 on Firefox, Windows 10.
In my PC I have a 100GB SSD, and a 1TB HDD. At the moment Dolibarr is installed on the SSD, but I would like to have Dolibarr on my SSD and the database in a folder on the HDD.
Is there a possibility to split Dolibarr in this way? Can somebody explain me how?
Thank you.

Hi,

Dolibarr actually doesn’t care where the database is stored, as long as your db server can be reached via the host and port specified in the file conf.php. So the intended split is indeed possible, you “just” need to tweak the setting of your database server (I assume MySQL) to store the data in a different folder on another drive. Probably the MySQL documentation can be of better help than the Dolibarr forum for this special kind of question.

There is actually some more data you can move from the SSD to the HDD, which I would even try before relocating the database: the documents folder, where all the generated pdf documents get stored. The place of the documents folder is also specified in the conf.php and can be changed relatively easily, only the access rights need to be set in the correct way.

As always, the usual disclaimer applies: use the built in backup function to make a proper backup of the database and the documents folder before touching anything…

Hope this helps to point you in some promising directions.

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry for the late answer, but thank you for your information. I didn’t move the database yet, because we have a lot of work.
I am planning to move the database in january, because usually the begining of the year is easier and we have more time to explore.

Hi Will,

I am wondering, why you are posting this (and many other answers). To me it does seem neither correct nor helpful what you are writing here.

But maybe you can give a bit more context to clear this up.

Thanks,

Joachim