Multiple Product Selection

Currently during Proposal/Order creation etc, We generally type the parts of ref code or label of the product to be entered in the product search box and then the drop down list get populated with the related products.

For Example say we type “Choi” in the search text box
the drop down list gets populated with
Choi Kwang Do Uniform Red/Blue No. 13 Size 26
Choi Kwang Do Uniform Red/Blue No. 14 Size 28
Choi Kwang Do Uniform Red/Blue No. 15 Size 30
Choi Kwang Do Uniform Red/Blue No. 16 Size 32
Choi Kwang Do Uniform Red/Blue No. 17 Size 34

and say we need to add 1 of each product, this is not possible as currently we are able to select only one product at a time and after we click on the add button the list is lost and the text field gets reset and we have to retype the word Choi to get the list all over again, which is serious waste of time.

What we suggest is that it would be great if we could select multiple products, from the populated list, to add in one go. (maybe the drop down list could be changed to a multi-select list box)

Once the related products are selected they should get displayed the same way it is currently displayed when only product is selected.
Next we then have the option to enter the quantity of each product and modify the price of each product if needed.
Finally we click on the add to add them all to the proposal, order etc.

I am sure this will really benefit many of Dolibarr users

Even if this feature cannot be implemented, it would still be of some help if the search text box and the related drop down list do not get refreshed after adding each product.

Thanks

Wow, you asked this 7 years ago and nobody bothered to comment and nothing like this has yet to be implemented. :unhappy: I just started testing Dolibarr to see if it would be a good fit for my business and was really hoping these forums would be more active and useful.

I had a client that complained about the same thing it was tedious for him entering data.

This would be nice but I don’t think the ajax list would allow it but I don’t know as I’m not a developer.

You’re right, it is time consuming.

I have been using Dolibarr actively in my business (mainly stock+suppler side) since start of this year and only after reading this post I have realised how useful multiple selections would be.

Yes, multiple selection would be nice, except I was thinking in more of a grid format. Using the OPs example, the Red/Blue and other colors would be rows along one side and the sizes would be columns across the top and you would simply enter a quantity in the boxes of the option combinations you want. I currently use a system that has that and have seen others as well, and it is so much faster to enter products to a quote. But I would be happy with a multiple selection check list too. I’m all for efficiency. Makes me wish I had taken coding instead of marketing in college. :wink:

I just signed up to express my interest in this topic.

I’m testing Dolibarr and so far it’s great, except of the workflow for creating offers. I usually have at least 10 different products per offer and it’s really unnecessary time consuming to add every item one by one. Is there meanwhile any add-on existing to solve this problem? I’m willing to pay for it, too. It will charge off very fast as I’m wasting money with every offer I have to build by the standard way.

Hi,

Have your tried to create “models” for offers ?

What do you mean with creating models? I can’t find the option.

Hi,

When you have done a invoice that you often do, you can click on " CONVERT INTO TEMPLATE INVOICE"
Then you can go on “List of templates”, and select the template by clicking on “create invoice”
All the fileds are pre-filled with the template.