Need to handle services as same as product shipments

Hi,

I have following use case :
1.) create a proposal with products as well as services
2.) create an order
3.) create a shipment from order
–> as expected I can create several shipments for products until the quantity defined in order is reached (OK)
4.) now we are working on the services
the services are purchased on a monthly base related to the used times.
e.g. the quantity is 100 days and in this month we are work for 20 days and create an invoice for 20 days (OK)
5.) next month we like to see that the possible quantity is 80 (because of 20 always used)
I try several things (direct invoice, project-time based invoice, interventions based invoice) that all leads into a correct invoice but not in an information about the open contingent like it is in shipment for products.

Has some one an idea how to reach the goal … or an information that this kind of process is not supported at the moment is also appreciated (in this case we will enhance dolibarr at our own to support our process)

Thanks in advance,
Chirstian

I am new to Dolibarr, but my understanding is Products would be shipment and Service would be linked to Projects, so i am unsure you can link a service to a shipment, you may have to list your service as a product instead, but then you loose Projects. How are you tracking time for the time service you sell?

Hi,
I agree with you and the projects. Unfortunately I did not found a solution for my need to manage a maximum if contingent for a position.

The overall user story is:

• the customer order e.g. 100 days == 800 hours
  • in the project I add the tasks and also the times (e.g. 160 h)
  • I create an invoice withing the times in the project
    –> the invoice contain 160 h with specific amount
    Need : I will recognize that we have 640 h left for future invoices
    This need I see until now only in the product shipment. If I ship 2 of 5 parts I see that 3 are left and can be shipped in future.

Some one has an idea or do I have missed this functionality in project module ?

Regards,
Christian

It sounds like the only way is to create other projects called “balance”, so its a separate project that is not used “yet”

It is a specific use case and not a mainstream business practice, but an option could be to create a client specific product, add a stock of 100 days or 800 hours.
Then every month you ship-out the used hours until your stock balance reaches zero.

To show the balance on the invoice requires some coding to get the value displayed but as the stock value is in the database it should not be too difficult.

If I were you I would start checking the INVOICE_USE_SITUATION parameter in the setup of “other functions” (needs to be activated as “special code” ). This allows you to bill a percentual state of execution. Additionally you could eventually install the free French invoicing module on the page Pack de modèles Rubis version 11.0.1 which displays an additional summary of all intermediate billing situations as a second page, but it might have translation issues to deal with in English. Don’t forgetr to tell us if you are successful. Cheers

Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions,

I will think about the possible solutions and will come back in two weeks and explain how we solve this.
Maybe we code some thinks.

Regards,
Christian

Hi,

need some more time to be very sure about the process but now we defined it.

We will check it within the ‘Sales Order’.
After creating an invoice we link it to the approbriate Sales Order. Within Sales Order now we see how much was in the proposal, how much was confirmed in Sales Order and how much was issued in the invoices.
–> everything together in one view, And also clear how much is open for further invoices

1 Like