New FREE Module: Search for Help in Forums

Hello everyone, even though I’ve been publishing and selling various modules on Dolistore for several years, this is my first FREE module. My goal with this module has been to make it easier for users (usually employees of companies using Dolibarr) to search the official Dolibarr community forums (like this one).

https://www.dolistore.com/en/modules/2067-Search-for-Help-in-Forums.html

left-search-box

So, this module ADDS TO THE SEARCH BOX IN THE LEFT SIDE MENU the option to search directly in the community forum! :hugs:

The module performs a quick background search (from server to server) and displays WITHIN Dolibarr the search results from the forum, SORTED BY DESCENDING DATE (the most recent ones at the top).

Additionally, for now, the user can choose whether to repeat the search in any of the other forums (French, English, German). It would be desirable for the Spanish forum to be added (which has a fairly extensive user community), but the Spanish forum does not use the Discourse software like the three mentioned. Hopefully, they will migrate soon.

I will provide ongoing maintenance for this module, so please, if you use it, a supportive comment would be appreciated, and above all, if you have any suggestions for improvement, please share them, and I’ll do what I can to add them.

Oh, by the way, I took the opportunity to add the following: if you go to the module’s settings, you can activate/deactivate the modules you want to appear in the dropdown list of modules in the global search (the one in Dolibarr’s left-side menu). Once I started working to add the forum search, I discovered there was an easy and NATIVE way to activate/deactivate those modules in the search list… so I decided to add it as an EXTRA BONUS :muscle:

Note: Translated from spanish using AI.

Please, if you have installed my module, download from Dolistore the last version (0.3.1) because i’ve fixed 2 important bugs:

• It were returning zero results when your search query have more than ONE WORD :sweat_smile:
  • It was removing from menus the access to SUPPLIERS (providers/vendors) when you disabled at module settings the “supplier invoices” or “supplier payments” or “supplier orders” to appear at the MAIN DOLIBARR SEARCH BOX :disappointed: