No active bank account defined

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to work out how to get record payments I make, but I can’t find anything online about how it works online. There doesn’t seem to be any way I can find to get it to include GST when I make a payment to a supplier so it doesn’t correctly tell me what GST I owe, and when I try to input the GST that I paid for my last GST return it won’t let me because it says “No active bank account defined” and there is no way of selecting one.

The only other person I could find having this issue was back in 2014 with no resolution so I’m tearing my hair out. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Cheers
Roach

here is a screenshot

Hi Roach,

Try creating a Bank a/c under Banks link

Unlike Zoho or Sage, Dolibarr doesnot hv direct GST debit functionality.

If this post solves your problem, kindly check the “Solution” check box so that the post will be useful to users facing similar issue,

thanks
yesbee

Thanks for the reply. I already have a bank account set up I suppose I should have made that more clear. I’m looking for a way to “define” it so this doesn’t solve my issue.

Check accounting account defined for payments linked to your bank. Thats where one can “define” revenue and payment accounts.

thanks !
Yesbee…

Hi, thanks so much for the continued help and sorry for the late reply.

It looks like we’re on the right track… When I look at the “modify” page on the bank account the “accounting account” drop down is blank, and typing anything into it just comes up with “no results found” as per image attached.

Looking on the wiki it seems like I need to set up my “accounting” module. I’ll have a look at that and report back with my findings, probably in another couple of days.

Thanks,
Roach
dolishitt

So I went through all the steps in the accounting tab and that seems to have solved the issue. I’m still confused as all get out, but I am now able to define the accounting account for my bank account is my bank account. I’ve probably done it wrong, but it seems to be working for now. EDIT: NO IT ISN’T, SEE BELOW

Attached is an image of the accounting tab for other newbies looking for the same thing.

I spoke too soon, I was able to define my accounting account in the bank account tab, but the GST payment page still says no active account defined. There must be another place I need to define an account.

Won’t let me upload more than one image so I gotta spam reply

It looks like I’m having the same problem with the “direct debit payment” module. If anyone has any hints please please let me know, I’m at my wits end with this bloody thing.

Did you figure this out?

Cheers to Dolibarrians!