Notification emails are generated before triggering action is completed

Hi,

I’m new to Dolibarr and switched from ERPNext. I’m more than happy to have a platform now which is easy to understand and operate :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m thrilled by the ability to automatically send invoices to customers via the notification feature. Unfortunately the “processing hook” of the module seems to be too early:

• When an invoice is validated, the checkbox “append file” in the email template does nothing. The notification seems to be generated before the final invoice is completely generated.

• The Reference still gives back the “PROV” number, not the final invoice number

• When a notification is triggered by a completed payment, the attached document is still the original, old invoice - not the new version with the payment remark.

• When a subscription triggers an automatic validated invoice, there is also no document attached. In this case, even the public download link placeholder is empty - so in this case no invoice at all can be sent to the customer automatically.

As a conclusion: The notification should be processed after all the things which had triggered the notification are completely processed. Or the notification should be in general delayed by a few seconds, so it can be assured that all the needed processes are completed before the notification is generated.

Has anyone an idea how this can be done?

Edit: I’ve created a GitHub issue: Notifications are generated before the triggering process is completed · Issue #25738 · Dolibarr/dolibarr · GitHub