ODT to PDF conversion v14

hi, I just browsed the forums. I couldn’t find any obvious solution about converting odt documents to PDF.
Would you help me with this topic.
Using the standard pdf converter template requires php knowledge and is quite difficult.

Dolibarr 14.0.4
server Centos 7 none desktop
WHM/cpanel
thanks in advance for your help

There is some info in this thread: ODT 2 PDF - #5 by h6585 and possibly in some other places dispersed over the forum.

Good continuation!

To do that I use is the free OpenOffice suite to read the odt file and then when open I use save as a PDF this works fine for me if ever i need a pdf version of it plus you can set the file to open with OpenOffice all the time. I have a Client that does just that. This is a simple and elegant solution

Your solution is indeed the easiest one. However, I think what @umigun wants to achieve is using a easily configurable odt, but in the end have a pdf created from this, e.g. for sending it to customers. Not every recipient has Word/OpenOffice/LibreOffice installed an can read odt files.

I just had a look and there is indeed some information in the French wiki: Générer automatiquement des documents PDF à partir de fichier ODT avec Doliwamp - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki

So Chrome and right click to select auto-translate will be your friend (if you are like me and don’t speak any French).

Basically it seems to be relatively easy:

• install LibreOffice
  • set variable MAIN_ODT_AS_PDF to the value libreoffice (in home → settings → other)
  • and possibly tweak some paths

Since I am only using pdf, I did not test this myself.

2 Likes

No need for the customer to have it installed do it at the senders side and convert manually and then send the result. My client does just this no need to convert every invoice or proposal only the few that she needs at the time. She runs a multi-million dollar company but likes the hands on with the invoicing

Thank you able to generate a PDF on my custom odt. the Frech wiki link helped alot