Parametering Module

The parametering module is finally released.
This module the end point of all the parametrable modules of Dolipar.org that are the Cashdeskpar and Menupar modules, Facturepar and Corepar modules have disappeared in favor of this module which allows to create on the fly all their functionalities and more .

This topic is created to discuss all relevant issues to this module.

Hi,

Is it possible to set accounting codes using this module ?
I saw a few screenshots. But confused.
Could you please tell the accounting features offered by this module ?

Thank you so much in Advance

Hello,

Parameters stored in tables llx_accountingsystem, llx_accounting_account, llx_accounting_bookkeeping, llx_accounting_bookkeeping_tmp, llx_accounting_fiscalyear, llx_accounting_journal and llx_accounting_system are rather controlled through the accounting module scripts.

In fact, there are about 26 parameters abbout the accounting module that are stored in the llx_const table that may be controlled through the parametering module. These are parameters that start with the word ACCOUNTING_ such as ACCOUNTING_ACCOUNT_CUSTOMER and ACCOUNTING_ACCOUNT_SUPPLIER that are respectively the numbers of the customer and supplier accounting accounts. You can configure a subset of these parameters to appear in the parametering section of any Dolibarr page. I am also planning to publish a video about this procedure when I have some time. For the moment, I only offer mail support for it in addition to its description in the French wiki : Module de Parametrage FR - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki.

Regards

I had some accounting requirements. I have been trying for months. Could you please tell whether this module could fulfill these requirements ? Please

Hi,

The theme of accounting is different from the one of parametering. In this case, I thik you need to get the advice of an expert in accounting in Dolibarr, what I am not. I only know that when you have correctly configured the accounting module as described in the accounting->accounting, you should have the accounting entries automatically entered in the system when you do invoicing and payment operations.

Regards.

Thank You so much dolipar.
You have replied. I never got a reply for this requirement all these months. Really appreciate it, Dolipar.
As this requirement is not in the Dolibarr, my Dolibarr project is FAILED in my company. Accounting users in the company don’t want to use Dolibarr for accounting.
Thanks a lot Dolipar for your valuable time.

Hi Akkz,

I never said that your requirements do not exist in Dolibarr, as I know that it has a very strong Accounting module. I only said that I am not specialized in this theme and that you probably need the help from other more specialized persons. You can also look in this forum with the keyword accounting or wait for further replies in this subject.

Regards.

I think even Dolibarr version 11 does not have these accounting features: Accruals (accounting code to record the money that company owes to pay to suppliers) & asset / stock management (accounting code to store the total asset or total stock of the company).
Accounting reports should display these values for the evaluation.

Yeah i am waiting, Dolipar. Hope one day it will be there in Dolibarr.

Hello Akkz,

I think that the problem is that there is already poor accounting information for english countries. For example, there is no US chart of accounts and the english chart of accounts contains only 10 top accounts. So to use Dolibarr accounting function in Dolibarr you need previously to add all the accounts you are interested by in “accounting->chart of accounts model”.

For example, If you activate the French country in home->setup->dictionaries->countries and select PCG99-BASE in “accounting->chart of accounts model” you will see multiple accounts with the french word “charges” which means accruals in English.

So I think you only need to manually add the accruals accounts of you country to fulfill your needs. One must not forget that Dolibarr is primarily used by French speaking countries for which it gets most contributions.

I hope that this information will animate you to continue using Dolibarr.

Regards.

Hi Dolipar,

I have tried this already in Dolibarr.
Accruals/charges are normally recorded before getting an invoice from suppliers. But in Dolibarr we have to create a supplier Invoice and then We have to bind those supplier invoices to an account to see it in ledger. But there will be like 200 invoices and we have to do it separately each time to add that invoice into accruals. Because those products of an invoice will be assigned to a sales or purchase account by default which is different from the accruals account. If we replace purchase account by accruals account, it means that we have bought a product from supplier and we paid it already.

Similarly, if we manufacture a product using factory module, the stock is getting updated, but it is not recorded in an accounting code. The company where I work requires these two basic accounting features. But so far I could not make any progress in these accounting requirements.

Thanking You again Dolipar for helping me.

Is it possible to record that we bought a product of value 100 euros in ledger or account balance or any journal, before getting an invoice from the suppliers ?
If we could do it in Dolibarr , my company’s big problem is solved . Please help …

I think it needs kind of module to create or import lines of credits/debits and then link it to accrual or other. And then be transformed in a payment of a dolibarr object like supplier or customer.
Did you try adding lines to ledger or bank account directly?

yes Hubz,
I add manual entry to the ledger,
Hope these features will be available in the new versions of Dolibarr.
Thank you so much Hubz for replying to this need. I have waited for months to get some progress in this topic. Thanks a lot

All what is arround FINtech is really trendy at the moment so we should stay tuned