Please help having issues upgrading to 12 from 5..... the installation is on my server

Please help having issues upgrading to 12 from 5… the installation is on my server

The following is the error am getting…

Error DB_ERROR_1118: ALTER TABLE llxtm_user ADD COLUMN birth date;
Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

Error DB_ERROR_1118: ALTER TABLE llxtm_facture_fourn ADD COLUMN last_main_doc varchar(255);
Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

Error DB_ERROR_1118: ALTER TABLE llxtm_facture_fourn ADD COLUMN date_pointoftax date DEFAULT NULL;

Error DB_ERROR_1118: ALTER TABLE llxtm_facture_fourn ADD COLUMN date_valid date;

Error DB_ERROR_1118: alter table llxtm_user add column pass_encoding varchar(24) NULL;

Error DB_ERROR_1118: ALTER TABLE llxtm_user ADD COLUMN default_range integer;

Error DB_ERROR_1118: ALTER TABLE llxtm_user ADD COLUMN default_c_exp_tax_cat integer;

Hi,

Your table collation llxtm_facture_fourn is wrong, change it to utf8_unicode_ci

how do i do this can you give me the step by step please…or help me with it i can supply you the login details…

Hi,

1. Rename your install.lock to 1install.lock .
  2. Enter the following url: your_dolibarr_name.com/install/repair.php?force_utf8_on_tables=confirmed
  3. Wait until the end of the procedure and it should be fine.
  4. Rename your 1install.lock to install.lock.

Thanks the error is no longer showing now…but after the upgrade process is done is not taking me to logging page…if i try to loggin with my url it takes me back to the installation/upgrade page again… what do i do

Hi,

check for step 4

yes i did step all the steps as you said but its still the same…

am still awaiting your assistance…am stocked at the installation/upgrade point…and i couldnt do anything in the office since…please help…thanks

Hi,

please recheck step 4 in the documents directory

i dont understand what you mean document directory…where i did it was inside the directory on the installation inside cpanel on the server…and its still the same.

Within the Dolibarr directory structure you will find a directory called documents. The install.lock file must be there

i could only see the file in one location www.mydomian/dolibarr/ and its after i follow the steps that all the error i was getting when upgrading become ok…aftre that i changed the 1install.lock back to install.lock but www.mydomain/dolibarr is till returning me back to upgrade.
please help…i dont mind supplying you my server details so you can check by your self…or using a remote assistant

Please put an empty file called install.lock in the documents directory

yes i have done that but its still showed me this: [Go to upgrade page again]

maybe another one can help you

i dont understand what you mean?

see at the end of the doc

It means that the upgrade was not successful.
CHeck the errors logs of Cpanel and the Install_log of dolibarr

how can i revert the upgrade back to what it was before?

Hi,

If you have done a backup before the upgrade, you can put it back.
otherwise you need to finish the upgrade properly