Printing Issues with Dolibarr

Hello Developers,

I am not a developer, but a user who recommended Dolibarr in a small organization - somewhat like a selling store.

Its a platform that is appreciated above their previous, however, not been able to print directly customer invoices to give clients immediately after purchase has becomes worrisome (I am pretty sure small businesses who do daily sales to walk-in customers would agree with me).

1. Can’t there be direct printing of invoice from a network printer showing paid (Like a watermark) on it?
  2. The printer in the store is the thermal printer, with size 80mm x 210mm, their former system generates invoice directly from the software and adapts to the size setting of the printer and it comes out well.

can this be done in Dolibarr or is there another software or program that integrates with Dolibarr to solve this?

kindly inform

thank you

Hi @Absmachin,

I am not sure if this fits 100% your needs but there is a module called TakePos. In the configuration it is possible to setup a printer.

Regards,
Sven

Thanks @sp_digitalcentric.de

I have setup TakePOS and we are very much okay.

Though we get invoice drafts from it.

When you select a customer name, upon making Product selection or edit price or qty, it selected customer name defaults back to the default customer name selected during setup.

The system ends up recording the default customer name selected as against the real customer name for the transaction(It creates the original customer transaction as draft, while it caption the default customer entry as validated invoice)

Dont know what to do about it.

Could it be a bug?

Thank you

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a bug. My suggestion would be to look into the github Repository of Dolibarr (GitHub - Dolibarr/dolibarr: Dolibarr ERP CRM is a modern software package to manage your company or foundation's activity (contacts, suppliers, invoices, orders, stocks, agenda, accounting, ...). It is open source software (written in PHP) and designed for small and medium businesses, foundations and freelancers. You can freely install, use and distribute it as a standalone application or as a web application to use it from every internet access and media.) and check if there is a bug related to your point. If not, then create a new Bug to disucss this point with the developers.

Regards,
Sven

@sp_digitalcentric.de ,

Thank you so much.

Would check.

we just met another issue now.

Some products are not showing up under billing, but the product has quantities in them and can be viewed. Funny enough, it shows up under TakePOS, but under billing for invoice creation, it shows not found…

Any clue?

Hi,

I am not sure how TakePos filters for products, but the customer invoice should show only products which are marked as sellable. In the product the field “Status (sell)” needs to be set to “For sale”. Maybe this helps:

Regards,
Sven

@sp_digitalcentric.de

I have set this on sell and purchase, this thing just started this morning…

Let me check maybe by error it was changed

Thank you

@sp_digitalcentric.de

Its on for Sale and Purchase

I dont know where next to check

Hi,

just the next things that came to my mind:

• Do you have any related errors in Dolibarr Logs or in Apache Error Logs?
  • Are you using external modules? Can you disable them and try again?

Regards,
Sven

Hmm! I installed PrintJS last week, an external module, think that was thursday, but this didnt show up.

Would remove and check

Also, i dont know how to locate Apache error logs… any direction?

The location of the apache error logs are depending on your operational system and the php.ini configuration. On Ubuntu for example, you could find it here: /var/log/apache2/error.log

@sp_digitalcentric.de

Ours is Linux OS

@rycks @sp_digitalcentric.de @ksar @Scalar @eldy

Pls Dolibarr invoice and POS giving issues

1. Some products are not showing in Billing invoicing while everything shows under TakePOS when creating invoice
  2. After making payment fro TakePOS, transaction remains as draft rather than showing paid.

All this started this morning

What could be the cause? is there an update doing on on the application that affected this?

I await possible suggestion based on experience use of the platform. Our business is kinda on hold

Thank you

hello @Absmachin
maybe you need help from a dolibarr expert and a support contract for your business …

@rycks Ooops!

Could this be the cause, even though i am yet to trace how to correct it if it is

Thank you

This is an excerpt from the Dolibarr Wiki translated into English.
Please note that I created the wiki for PHP7.4 and that you may have to adapt it.
I hope this helps you with your problem

Greetings Scalar

Hedge of Dolibarr

To use Dolibarr in a secure (at least more secure) environment, please continue with the server-side setup

Server update and upgrade and delete unnecessary

apt update && apt upgrade -V && apt dist-upgrade -y && apt autoremove -y

and log on to the server with the privileged user rights

sudo -s

Now that the installation has worked, you can reduce the read and write times again

sed -i “s/fastcgi_read_timeout.*/fastcgi_read_timeout 360;/” /etc/nginx/conf.d/dolibarr.conf

sed -i “s/fastcgi_send_timeout.*/fastcgi_send_timeout 360;/” /etc/nginx/conf.d/dolibarr.conf

Now create the install.lock to prevent a new installation from taking place
replace the one written in bold with your data

nano /mnt/document/install.lock

just enter and exit again

Leave the text editor - with nano CTRL+x (STRG+x) - confirm save with y

How could it be otherwise, you also have to adapt the php.ini

sed -i “s/session.use_strict_mode =.*/session.use_strict_mode = 1/” /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

sed -i “s/session.use_only_cookies =.*/session.use_only_cookies = 1/” /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

sed -i “s/session.cookie_httponly =.*/session.cookie_httponly = 1/” /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

sed -i “s/session.cookie_samesite =.*/session.cookie_samesite = Lax/” /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

sed -i “s/;allow_url_fopen =.*/allow_url_fopen = Off/” /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

sed -i “s/allow_url_include =.*/allow_url_include = Off/” /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

You can disable these PHP functions if you don’t run system commands in custom code

sed -i “s/disable_functions =.*/disable_functions = pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wifcontinued,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcnt l_signal_get_handler,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait ,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,pcntl_async_signals,pcntl_unshare,passthru,shell_exec,system,proc_open,popen/” /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

in case you change your mind and still run custom code

sed -i “s/disable_functions =.*/disable_functions = pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wifcontinued,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcnt l_signal_get_handler,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait ,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,pcntl_async_signals/” /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini

Now restart both services, Nginx and PHP

service php7.4-fpm restart

servicenginx restart

Open Dolibarr, go to Settings → Security → click on the Passwords tab → scroll all the way down, here click on → Save database password encrypted in the configuration file conf.php (recommended setting) → Activate

go back to the server page

nano /var/www/dolibarr/htdocs/conf/conf.php

find below and adjust, save and close

$dolibarr_main_prod=‘0’; → change to → $dolibarr_main_prod=‘1’;

Now assign read-only rights to /conf.php

chmod -R 400 /var/www/dolibarr/htdocs/conf/conf.php