Problem on the step 1

Hello I’m going through on a local installation of dolibarr and I have some troubles with step 1. They ask me my SuperUser Username and Password. Username is not changeable and it is root. So I put in my root password (the one I use when using mysql on command line or logging in PhpMyAdmin, it is the same password) and they display me this error :

Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)
The database connection failed: the host or super user parameters must be wrong.

Go back and check/correct the parameters.
And I don’t see what could bring up this error. Is it possible to get some help on this issue ?
Thank you for taking your time on my problem !

Hi David,

Welcome to the fourm.

The super user is for Dolibarr and not any other. You can conveniently provide relevant user name to be a “Super Admin”. Please ensure you provide correct email address so that you can get email in case you forget password.

Apart from this, there will be a page asking for MYSQL user name and password so that it can create dolibarr database, user name and password. If you provide correct credentials, then it will work.

Sometimes, it may give error in case your linux system doesnot allow PHP to create a user and database through dolibarr installation. In such cases, kindly create an empty database and create mysql user and provide grant all like the below example:

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database_name.* TO ‘username’@‘localhost’;

then provide the user name , database name and password during installation of dolibarr…

and voila… that will proceed with installation without any issues… !

If this article helps you to solve your problem, kindly check the “Solution” checkbox during your reply so that it will be useful to others who search the forum for similar issue.

thanks
yesbee

Hello Yesbee !
I’m stuck here at what you said :
“Apart from this, there will be a page asking for MYSQL user name and password so that it can create dolibarr database, user name and password. If you provide correct credentials, then it will work.”

The problem is I’m giving the correct credentials and it display the error message I quoted on my previous message and I don’t know why because when i use those credentials to connect myself it’s not working.

Hi,

Please check the below paragraph as well. Dolibarr allows you to create databases and users directly on MYSQL and give those details in the installation page as well.

Please google to check how to create a database, MYSQL user and GRANT all rights on that database to the created user in MYSQL.

You can then provide those names in the Dolibarr installation screen.

thanks
yesbee…

Hello Yesbee ! I’ve created the database and the user but the superuser is still a problem, I can’t chance the superuser ID It’s stuck on root and I can’t go on.

The problem is the superuser credentials at the bottom and not the actual user on the database

Hi,

Please remove check mark from create database and the check mark from create user account or grant user account on the dolibarr database since you hv already created the database and user manually.

That should solve the problem. If yes, please check the “solution” so that it would be useful to others as well.

thanks !
yesbee