Problem with upgrade from 12 to 13

• files unpacked from v13 zip into root
  • lock file removed
  • opened install path → no possibility to upgrade to 13.02

any one any idea why?

Kai,

Did you do any customization in existing version of dolibarr that modified some of the conf files…? Please check.

thanks,
yesbee

Hi yesbee,

thank you very much for your response.
I had to google where that file is and checked it manually to be certain, but that file in conf\conf.php
doesn’t contain any changes from me. The file contains only the systems setting (from setup i guess) and all entries look plausible.
I also manged to get stuck in an update loop now. The system want’s to do the upgrade and doesn’t continue to let me in dolibarr even when i start the only available process (11 to 12).
Guess i have to restore the backup in the next step before i can continue.

Update: Deleting the update files in root was sufficient to brake the loop. But i have no clue how to trigger the update from 12 to 13.

One side quistion:
given dolibarr is installed in folder root\d*
according to update description in dolibarr (admin-tools->update) you have to copy the update files in root directly.
I have copied the file from the folder dolibarr-13.0.2 directly into it, not with the folder dolibarr-13.0.2
Was that correct?
That is sub-optimal, because dolibarr-13.0.2 contains a robots.txt that already exists in root for other purposes.

regards,
kai

Which is your current version please… Is it 12.0.4…? Otherwise, try to upgrade release by release.

thanks
yesbee

Current version is 12.0.3.

Thank you very much for your hint. I will try to update release by release.
kai

After checking the necessary steps, i decided to oped for a second instance with new version and import the backup.
Also as a kind of disaster recovery “practice run”. And on the upside, it is finally running on php7.3 and not 5.6 anymore.

But many thanks for your help. Sometimes such input is golden if you face a problem with nerves on edge and someone is willing you to help in a forum. It helps calm down and see more options as you would have discovered by your self in a bad state of mind :wink:
kai

Update: guess celebrating on the php version was a little bit to early :wink:
But 7.0 seems to be working at least.