Hi,

I enabled these modules:

• Module Users
  • Module Third Parties
  • Module Vendors
  • Module Products
  • Module Services
  • Module Categories

But I haven’t found a way to link a product from a supplier. How to know if a product is from which supplier? Do I have to enable another module?

I’m trying to adapt to tourism.
Product → Accommodation - Supplier → Hotel X
Product → Air ticket - Supplier → Airline YY
Services → Receptive → Supplier → Me

Thanks

No but on that case, you can use the Tagging system

Or another way of Doing it, Is to use the Product Numbering - Airline-IndianAir this will also work

Another way set it up, on the “Nature of Products”, too many things you can do

Hi, @isoscent

I’m thinking of customizing the product module. But it’s hard to find doc’s or tutorial

Customizing in what way? Well, You need to setup the products by your own configuration. It is up to you how you like to setup it up tecnically speaking. But Accounts wise. You cannot. Since only two options for filling up the accounts. Either Sales and cost of Sales. Once you buy the Products You have these options:

1. Cost it
  2. Or Inventory Wise.

Accounting Wise:

The first options is wise, since the system will do for you the costing.

The second option, If you put the Products on the Inventory, You need to do the manual costing. Well, the advantage if You are on manufaturing business. Assymble, disassymble, re-manufacture. BOM Bill of Materials., Then amount of your inventory always match the Products. But of Selling the Products, This is where the manually entry will be happening.

As, In my Case, I costed the Products and use the Inventory module and Warehouse module as to track the Products but the costing has been done during the Purchase. So technically speaking. I used these Inventory and Products or Warehouse module in different way.

But for some business activities such as Trading or Stocking of Products. You should do the manual costing during the Selling of the Products. the Entry Must be the following:

Dolibarr system will create this entry:
Debit: Account Receivables ---------------- xxx
Credit: Sales or Revenue ---------------------------------------xxx

You need to edit the above: (and the following entry)

Debit: Account Receivables ---------------- xxx
Credit: Sales or Revenue ---------------------------------------xxx
Debit: Cost of Sales (amount of the Inventory Sold) -------------- xxx
Credit: Inventory ----------------------------------------------------------------------xxx

That is where your manual/customization setting of the products comes in here:

So at the time of Purchase:

the Dolibarr system will do the following entry:

Debit: 1xxxx - Inventory --------------------------- xxx
Credit (xxxx what you assigned to Your Supplier ) - Accounts Payable ----------------------xxx
as shown in live sample below:
ap

@kklo @isoscent Greetings! We are new with this Dolibarr Systems… I am doing some testings… We are in trading business… How can we add balance in Stocks (product) or to put an opening balance :thinking:…Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face: