Purchase or sales order with third party currency

Hi,

i’ve been testing a dual currency setup with 14.1
for example, my primary currency is IDR and i want to made order with AUD

there are some problem i ran into

1. when i add rate, its always primary currency VS extra currency - in my case, AUD is much higher than IDR which lead to a long number conversion, is there any way to reverse this?

2. the first problem lead to 2nd one, i realized that purchase order will be made always with primary currency, which is antithesis since i need to first convert my currency manually then enter it rather than the ERP use the supplier currency for the PO and convert it at the end as side note and for accounting purposes.

3. i notice i can put price with supplier SKU and add price with supplier currency, but this will be very cumbersome with more than 50.000 items at disposal.

are there any way to work this out?

thanks alot

Hello

can you show us screenshots of your problems

Good continuation

Dear Pcbleu,

sorry for the late response.
i think the issue is resolved, i tried to reverse the currency by manual calculation and redo all the purchase order. it’s working as intended now

sorry for the confusion

thank you

I am using a similar setup intead my system currency is EUR and I order in both EUR, USD and GBP.

Unfortunately whenever I make a new request for proposal or PO to the supplier or a invoice from the supplier the prices pulled from the product card are the ones in Euros instead of the prices defined for the product in the supplier’s currency.

I thought this would be automatic. It kind of makes me spend 3 or 4 times more time because I have to open the product page in another window and lookup the value in the supplier’s currency and write that down. OMG!

Have you tried to set the custom currency for the third party? I.e. if your supplier or client uses USD, and your primary is EUR, go to the supplier/customer card and set the primary currency to USD. This way all prices should be auto-converted according to the rate and primary prices you specify.

Hello milenmk,

Thanks for the heads up. Reading your answer I see that I should have put something about the setup.

I have already done that. Here’s the third party card:

And, as you say the prices are indeed auto-converted but in the wrong way.

The thirdparty’s native currency is the USD therefore all prices should be converted from this currency to my base currency: the EUR. Not the otherway around which is what is happening.

For instance in my dealings with my third parties it would be nice to have a visual base of figures in his currency. When we are on the phone I need to constantly convert from my currency to his. Very cumbersome.

I should have a clear view of this display’s information for my business. Maybe a number in parentheses with the same numbers in his currency (below the euros figures).

Regarding my original answer, what I meant was that even with this setup (which I think is the correct one) whenever I pull a product for a document meant to be associated to this supplier (or this type of third party where there is a foreign currency) the price that get automatically filled out is in my system currency, not his.

Actually, this is exactly the goal of the multicurrency module: to convert your base currency prices to third-party currency.

Wow! :confused:

If that is the goal of the module then I must say I think it needs to be revised. I have to completely agree with rawon87 in his first post where he says:

1. the first problem lead to 2nd one, i realized that purchase order will be made always with primary currency, which is antithesis since i need to first convert my currency manually then enter it rather than the ERP use the supplier currency for the PO and convert it at the end as side note and for accounting purposes.

When it comes to my othercurrency suppliers, I will want to manage his products by analysing his prices - in his original currency - whenever I have to deal with him and talk about budgets and prices for products etc.

Whenever I have to look at the products he sold me from the point of view of inventory, valuation, accountancy, then yes - I will want to look at the equivalent values in my currency.

These are two different processes in business operations and if the multicurrency module addresses one side only I would very much like to have it addressing both.

Maybe I am asking too much.

But thanks for the explanation. I would have never guessed if you didn’t tell me.

@eldy, @ksar,

Can you please advise on this hypothetical scenario of:

an UAE customer (whose currency in dolibarr customer card is UAE) tries to send USD on paypal to an Indian supplier (whose currency in dolibarr company setup module is INR) as a payment for an invoice.

Will this work without any issues or similar like below error (which I got) is the expected behavior. If not, please advise where to tweak up:

Post actions after payments : Error

• Payment was done in a different currency that currency expected of company
    A rollback was performed on all Post actions. You must complete post actions manually if they are necessary.

Thanks and Regards,
yesbee

Hi currently, the online payment service of Dolibarr can accept only payment in the same currency than the main currency of Dolibarr (so INR for you).
If payment is done in USD, due to change the paypal payment will be recorded but the system is not able to know if payment is complete or not so the actions post payment are not done. You must manually record the payment on the invoice.