Purchase order: QA step before "Receive Items"

Dear forum,

I just got started with evaluating Dolibarr. Up until now everything looks organized and very easy to access. I am impressed.

I am wondering how I can model a workflow including a simple QA step:

• We have some products that are custom made for us
  • After receiving an order for these products, they need to be tested (QA)
  • After QA is done and sucessful, they can be booked to the inventory

When using the purchase order in Dolibarr, I can directly use “Receive Items” to book them to the inventory. Ideally, I would like to have a checkbox setting in the product “Needs QA” that causes the “Receive Items” button to be replaced by something like “Perform QA” and “Finish QA”.

I am looking forward to hear about any ideas how to model this workflow in Dolibarr. Thanks!

You might want to consider setting up a “new warehouse” location for QA (under Products and Services) and receive your custom made products into that. When QA is favorably completed, move the product into your regular warehouse.

1 Like

I would suggest this way too

Thanks @fcarll @aljawaid! This approach seems to work without any further manual steps.
I now have 2 warehouses (“Ready” and “QA-Required”).
For all purchased products I set the default warehouse to either one of them so they will by default moved there after purchase!

It would be nice though if I could limit the products shown under “Products->Stocks” to the ones in the “Ready” warehouse. Any idea how to realize this?
(This is not a deal breaker but would be a nice addition)

1 Like

Great! Yeh its not the best solution but a workable one.

Please send a screenshot

I would like to have a view that shows my “available” Stock (ie, the one that is stored in “Ready” warehouse)

You might want to try changing your rule for automatic stock increase (Modules/Application - Stock) to “Increase real stocks on validation of reception.” By doing so, you should be able to determine the inventory that can be sold as it would be your “Physical Stock” as apposed to “Virtual Stock”