Receiving a Purchase Order in v.13

I just installed version 13 on Linux, and I saw on the ChangeLog it said “NEW: Module Reception (for a more accurate management of your receptions) moved from experimental to stable.” I thought this meant that we would be able to actually select the products that were received, or in the case of a partial receipt, select which products were partially received and then you would know which products were still in transit or just missing. But I cannot find where you can do this. It is just a drop down box with statuses, but no real inventory management. Am I missing something?

I found on the Products tab the menus for Shipping and Receiving. The message I get is “For the moment, creation of a new reception is done from the order card.” So am I correct in thinking that the functionality I am looking for is coming in an update?

On the purchase order you can create a reception of goods.
If you activated the reception module the button “Received Items” is replaced by “Create Reception”
There you create a reception and you can find all the created receptions on the product tab.

Yes, I have activated the Reception module. I have a “Classify Reception” button that I can click to receive goods.

However, once I click the button, all I get is a drop down box, not an actual way to tell the system which items I am actually receiving, which for a partial receipt is useless since I cannot mark which items I am receiving and which are still missing.

I understand this is an open-source free software, and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into it, and if I were any kind of programmer I would be happy to work on some of these projects myself. Unfortunately, I am just a small business owner who wants to know if I am missing something or if this is actually how the system works right now? Is there a way to mark which actual products you are receiving and have them be received into stock so you can maintain some kind of accurate inventory? Because after I click “Complete, nothing further expected”, the stock for all these items still shows 0. Just wondering, am I missing something?

Hello , this change is a behavioural change
BEFORE : you could put the products in stock from the supplie order card and you had no fine tuning on each receipt

AFTER : you have to create a “reception” (you can create more than one) from the supplier order card and you put the products in stock, attachments, etc…

What you describe in you first post is a better tacking of the products “to receive”, what the implementation is about a better tracking of the products “received”.

Di you try tro re-open your supplier order to create a reception ?

I was able to create a reception on the purchase order card, but all it did was change the status of the purchase order. It did not add the items to stock although they were received. If I am understanding you correctly, once I mark the Purchase Order “Received” I must then go to each product and manually add them to stock?

I think you should first do more tests and try to use the software before asking questions that you can find the solution in 5 clics maximum… This is a support forum, not a user’s manual… sorry

In your screenshots I miss a button Create Reception.

On creation you can add the delivered items.

Ah, that makes sense! I thought I must have been missing something. I have Reception enabled in Set-up, but I will review and see if there is something else I need to do to get the Create Reception option to appear. Thank you so much for your keen eye and thoughtful reply.

Your welcome.

I’m a bit confused myself. I can not get the logics behind the reception workflow. See my post on this forum. Maybe you can help me figuring it out.

Reception workflow

Hi to all,
I am using v13.0.2 and the button “Create reception” was there, because we already received goods.
But now the button is not there anymore and we cannot receive goods.

Userrights I have already checked.

Are there any dependency hints for this button?

Somehow the update from 11.0.5 to v13.0.2 changed a setting.
So for my application, it works fine as it was :slight_smile:

Setting in 11.0.5 was: Increase real stocks when reception is set to closed
Setting in 13.0.2 changed to: Increase real stocks on validation of vendor invoice/credit note

From my point of view it is clear now why the button was not there.
But how can it be, that the update to 13.0.2 changes this setting?

And now the button is there :slight_smile: