Recurring Invoice

I am new to Dolibarr and so far I am impressed! I am having an issue with creating a recurring invoice per the “Use Cases” in the “Module Customer Invoice” section of the Wiki. Here is the Quote:

Trouble is, I do not see a “Edit recurring” option in my invoices in any state. If you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

BTW I am on 3.2.1

Thank you for your time.

I update the wiki.
The invoice must have the status “draft” to offer the button “Convert to predefined”.

Thanks for the quick reply! I am aware of the predefined invoices and how they work, I think my misunderstanding was just in the language of the page… makes sense now. So I have another question altogether then…

Is there any way to recur invoices automatically (i.e. have them automatically created based on a predefined invoice) say, on the 1st of every month for end clients who purchase monthly recurring based services? This is the only feature that I have not been able to find / figure out / find a solid answer on. I think that says a lot for how intuitive this system is! I certainly think once we get this sorted and figure out how to add custom fields to projects we have found our solution…

I see a subscription module in the DoliStore and we are not opposed to spending a few dollars and supporting the community, but the documentation is in French and limited at best… Would we need to purchase this module to achieve the functionality we require?

I’m afraid there is no “schedule feature” for the moment into Dolibarr. So predefined invoice is just an manual help. A scheduler should be added later to generate automatically invoices from the predefined, but there is so feature yet to implement, that we can tell when.

cphillips wrote:

You can create custom fields into projects and subprojects, as well as tasks and subtasks, and also calendar events using the CustomFields module Pro edition for Dolibarr, and the full documentation is in English and freely readable from the wiki.

About the subscription module, you should contact the author and ask him if it does what you need to achieve, if this is the case he should also be able to provide you some guidelines to get started.

I know this is an old post but if anyone has the same issue here’s a simple solution for this. I used to have the same issue and have to setup my crons jobs in this site using the URL concatenating userlogin and securitykey Example: http://mydomain.com/mydolibarrfolder/public/cron/cron_run_jobs.php?securitykey=mysecuritykeycreatedbydolibarr&userlogin=myuser and works like charm, use it in www.easycron.com/ give a try and post results… :happy:

Wow , that seems like a security breach to me :wink: Couldn’t you setup a cron job on your webserver directly for this? Alternatively you could embedd an iframe into the login page that calls the URL - so everytime you log in the cron_run_jobs.php is being called.

Anyhow: I am looking into recurring invoices as well at the moment and have a hard time wrapping my head around this.
What I am trying to accomplish: A customer should be billed on a monthly basis for an unlimited amount of time until he cancels his subscription to my services. Could someone please outline the process for me? :happy:
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @DReffects sorry for the delay, I still can’t find a solution or Wiki to generate the cron job, I do have access to the Web Server to create cron jobs but don’t know how to make it work with Dolibarr, can anyone post the steps for achieving this? And by the way I still can’t find a solution for recurring invoices neither any suggestions? Thanks!