Removing Entries from Ledgers in Double-Entry Accounting

I have accidentally coded one of the transactions incorrectly in the bank accounts module, and have transferred it into the ledger. Now I am unable to unbind these lines and make the adjustment necessary. I see the option to “Delete Some Operation Lines From Accounting”, however regardless of what criteria I put, it says “Record Deleted” but nothing has actually been deleted.

I am running 14.0.5 (May try to update to 15 in a bit).

Any help would be appreciated, I assume it would be a permission somewhere regarding the database table but I honestly have absolutely no idea. I will respond quickly - thank you!

I have updated to version 15.0 and still can’t delete lines from accounting. I just need to change the ledger that the transaction is going to and I have no way to do so. The only option I am currently seeing in my case is to make a new installation and restart the entire accounting process.

Will wait for the knowledgable to let me know where I am going wrong. I appreciate it!

Usually it’s normal practice not to delete but reverse wrong entry and add correct one.

Quid,

I can’t “reverse” anything because it’s “registered in accounting”. No way to unregister it. I have since made a new dolibarr installation and readied all the expense reports and transactions(nearly 100+) but I’m still concerned that if u make an accounting mistake I have no way to undo and fix. As mentioned above: deleting lines from accounting button doesn’t seem to do anything.

I appreciate any help offered.

I have the same issue and i hope someone from dolibarr team can help us

1 Like

Hello can someone please try to answer that question ?
I have the same issue and don’t know what to do … Such i shame because i love Dolibarr.
Please help !

Quid is right, you’re supposed to reverse the wrong entry and add the correct one.

You all seem to not know any accounting laws so please consult an accountant if you’re not sure.

“Reversing” has nothing to do with just undoing the lines from the database or whatever, it’s litteraly putting the wrong entry that was in debit to credit and the one that was in credit to debit (For an example see Correcting Entry in Accounting - Meaning & Examples “Correcting Entries with reversals”), it’s another manual accounting entry made in the accounting journal. It’s “reversing” debit and credit entries.

If you could just delete entries out of the database the programm wouldn’t be allowed to be used for accounting according to the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).

That DOES make sense, but then why would they put a button that says delete/unregister (haven’t logged in so forget the exact terminology it used) lines from accounting? As a SuperUser to the system, I would bet this is permitted. I could be wrong, and then a typical company would have IT tweak the database.

None the less, I appreciate the explanations and I will give this a go and see if it works.

As another side note: I am not super familiar with Double-Entry Accounting but I get the idea that you debits/credits must always balance out.