Renting items using Stock

Dear users,

I’ve made some searches but didn’t find anything that could help me so i opened a new topic. I’ve been using Dolibarr for some time but this is my first experience with STOCK MODULE.

I am running 18.0.4 version and here is the little challenge. I want to rent out tableware for events like glasses or dishes. I’ve created my services with stock activated and when i make a proposal i always select “a service with limited duration, from>to” dates. But after validating or even creating an invoice that is set to billed/payed the stock does not drop.

Is there any other way to do this? What i would like is: if i have 10 glasses and i create a proposal or invoice for renting out 6 glasses on a specific date, the system should tell me that on that period of time there are only 4 glasses in stock not 10 (total). Is there any way to accomplish something like this?

Any idea is appreciated,
Thank you

I haven’t had to do something like this myself, but I think this is what the ‘resources’ and ‘events’ modules are for.

It definitely let’s you connect resources (which can be products) with events (which have a duration). And I think there might also be some kind of invoice/PO tie in as well.

Hopefully this helps!

Thank you very much for your time, i will look into it tomorrow.

Hello, we have developped a full solution to manage rentals in Dolibarr : DoliRent on Dolistore or DoliRent on our website