Retail, wholesale issue?

Hello,

My problem is the following. I receive my merchandise in cartons and each carton has 4 boxes, I would like to be able to sell by carton and by boxes, or in another word in retail and wholesale. How is this possible? thank you

You can create two different products.

1 Like

Eldy,

Thank you for your answer…If I create 2 different products, how about the stock? can I use one stock for the 2 different products? also, the unit in the stock used is cartons for whole sale and boxes for retail, how can I achieve this if I have one stock for the 2 products…

I hope that I made myself clear. thanks

I think using one stock for 2 different products or more is what happens normally in business. A stock is composed of many items.
And this is no problem at all in dolibarr.

You can create also 2 stocks if you wish, and have each product in each stock.

1 Like

Hello,

We don’t use Dolibarr stock management feature, but thinking about your question I’d try to use the sub products.

. your basic product is A (1 piece)
. then you create a product B with 4 pcs of A as sub products

I assume that when you will sale A or B so each stock should be automatically decreased

Maybe it worth to try !

1 Like

Hello there,

Thanks a lot guys… it has worked finally …I am very glad …I have used humphrey suggestion and works perfect…thank you

Hi

sorry that i jump in but i want to know how this suggestion help. this are the problems i see:

1. how can you connect your supplier order to both productos to control prices and validate order etc’?
  2. the stock will decreased for the product you sell for ex. the cartons but the unit will remain the same, (what i want to say is the when you buy and pay is basicaly for units no? so you sell two cartons but the units remain the same.
  3. i don’t realy understand why in dolibarr they don’t have this option? calculate box and unit… this is the most usefull part in more then half of the market…but they put m3 galons…etc;…well i am waiting

thanks

Hi,
This is what i experience also and with some trial and error and research i found this might be helpful.

1. buy carton (A) with supplier invoice / order.
  2. stock will be updated on validation of carton (A) supplier invoice.
  3. create new item for boxes (:sunglasses:, go to virtual product tab and search product (A)
  4. taking the above example A = 4 boxes, stock of A = 4 (we cant put as 1 carton), but in description can put 1 carton = 4 boxes for whole sale
  5. in virtual product (:sunglasses: = A-1
  6. (A) will be for Sale and also for Purchase
  7. (:sunglasses: will be only for sale and not for purchase

with above if A has stock 2 cartons will be 2 x 4 = 8boxes
if sold 1 carton, qty will be of 4 boxes/carton

A stock will be deducted 4boxes

similarly for B invoice of 2 qty the A will be deducted 2boxes in the stock.

Formula is

A = Main product
B = Virtual product

B = A(-qty)

thanks.