DOLIBARR ENVIRONMENT
- Version: [9.03]
- Operating System: [Cent OS 7]
- Web Server: [Lightspeed]
- PHP: [7.0.32]
- Database: [MySQL 10.2]
-URL:
Hello,
When I create a Credit Note I would like the stock to be automatically returned to the warehouse it was reduced from i.e
I created a customer order then created an invoice from that cust. order. The customer fully pays and so I enter payment for that invoice. Having fully paid for that invoice, I then create a shipment and then deliver the items to the customer. A few days later the customer returns the items and he wants his money back. So I create a credit note to reverse the invoice but the stock will not be automatically returned back to that particular warehouse. I have to manually do a stock adjustment to return the items. I want the stock to automatically be returned to the respective warehouse once the credit note is validated and only if the shipment was done.
The below is my stock module setup:

The issue with the stock module setup is that you can only choose one rule for decrease or increase of stock and furthermore it is decrease real stocks on validation of customer invoice/credit note and not separate one for invoice and one for credit note.

1 Like

Hi ariffidaali,
I think it would be good if you make a Feature Request on Github for it. To be honest the team should implement AXeL’s Product Returns module in the core and improve it for this kind of situations. I use AXeL’s module for supplier’s returns all the time and sometimes for customers returns as well but it would be great if this functionality would be implemented in the core.

1 Like

Hi futurehousestore,
I have seen that module for product returns and tried it on Axel’s demo site but it doesn’t automatically return the products to the respective warehouse. The return is like doing another customer order or invoice. Frankly it’s easier doing a stock adjustment however the module gives reports and other functionalities that a simple stock adjustment doesn’t.

I opened a feature request on Git Hub:

1 Like

@futurehousestore FYI, I purchased the Product Returns module and have to report that it has multiple errors, produces blank pages and mostly does not do what the description says. The developer does not answer mails so I think you can safely put that to one side.