Returns to login screen when following any link

I’ve been using Dolibarr as my production ERP for over a year now, and have successfully installed updates/patches several times in that span. I started on 3.5.0 and am currently on 3.8.3.

In the past 2-3 weeks, I have been having an issue: any time I click on a link within Dolibarr (first 3.8.2 and now also 3.8.3), it returns me to the login screen. Once I login, it takes me to where I was trying to go. However, I am unable to complete transactions, as saving/verifying also behaves this way.

It is likely something on the web server (Apache 2.2.15 PHP 5.4.45 on CentOS 6.7) or in the application itself, as I get the same behavior on different browsers, browsers with a cleared caches and cookies, etc. I have restarted both Apache and the entire web server multiple times.

Any idea where I can go next with troubleshooting this? Thanks in advance!

In most cases this occurs when apache/php is not able to save your session file.
Location of sessions file is defined into your php.ini setup.
Check that your filesystem is not full. If not, check apache has permission to write into directory where sessions files are stored.

1 Like

The permissions did it. I think I broke it when trying to deal with a different issue re: phpMyAdmin. Unintended consequences. Thank you!

Hi
Having a similar problem - just upgraded 3.8.3 to 3.9.0 and (I think) it worked for 10 minutes or so as I had a look around but now it is asking me to login on every page change.

I have checked the session location and permissions and all is good. Files get created (although they are empty) where I expect them to appear but I am still being taken to the login screen for every page request.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Simon

If sessions files are created but empty, something is wrong on your disk system.
Check your file system is not full.

1 Like

That was really weird…the /var partition had shrunk to a tiny size and /home was 900G !!GGHH!!! (or I had an aberration when I set the server up - but why, on a server, would I have done that!!!) so you were dead right…the session data was not being written.

Just resized the partitions and /var is swimming in a giant ocean again!!
THanks for the pointers.