Rrestore db from server to localhost (XAMPP)

Hello,

I’m trying to install Dolibarr on my localhost (XAMPP) from a backup file of a Dolibarr that is live on a ubuntu server. I followed the instructions of wiki.dolibarr but when I run the SQL command I get the following error

ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 25: Can’t create table dolibarr.llx_accounting_account (errno: 150 “Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed”)

I suppose that is a database compatibility issue. Does anyone have t suggest something?

Localhost :
windows 10
XAMPP
PHP 7.3.11
MySQL 15.1 Distrib 10.4.8-MariaDB

Server :
Ubuntu 18.04
PHP 7.2.24
MySQL 14.14

Thank you in advance.

Try to use PHPMYSQL,
import database, without checking “Foreign Key constraint”
then try to run Dolibarr.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for the response,

I tried to import the backup from phpmyadmin and unchecked the “Foreign Key constraint” but the same error occurred. :confused:

Questions: The backup file must be created from “MySQL Backup php” option, in order to follow this step?

I DID !
I just delete the database and created a new one. After that, I imported the SQL dump and everything is okay now!

1 Like

Hi @lomasi,
Almost 3.5 years later, but your reply has helped me today. I made a minor tweak, instead of deleting the entire database, I just dropped all the tables. I have installed Dolibarr via One-Click install and hence it auto creates a database with complex names. Deleting the DB and recreating a new one would have been a painful task hence this shortcut based on your solution! Thanks!!