Sales Tax Anomaly & Entering Manual Accounting Entries

Hi all. My question deals with a couple particular issues involving sales tax.

First. Our sales tax here in Alaska is 6% on all purchases up to a maximum amount of $500, above the $500 sale, there is no further tax. For us as a business, if I utilize the built in sales tax computation, there is no place in the setup to specify a cutoff amount to match the maximum amount to be taxed so as a result, a credit has to then be issued for every invoice we generate that is above $500 which is most invoices. This doesn’t look good when sending a invoice AND credit memo to the customer. In lieu of having to do this, I created a product with the GL accounts to reflect sales, sales tax & the other purchases information. There isn’t any add-ons in the store available to function this way with sales tax so, it would be GREAT if this feature could be added into Dolibarr.

Second. Our sales tax is paid quarterly & if we pay it early, the Borough gives us a percentage discount. By standard accounting rules, this discount becomse income but, there doesn’t seem to be a way to record this transaction. If for example the sales tax due is $400 & we get a 10% discount for early payment, how do you record the resulting $40 into a “Other Income” account?

I like Dolibarr & have been testing it now for a few months. I am now ready to begin moving from testing to production for as soon as this particular wrinkle can be ironed out. I am also in favor of helping to support all those who constantly keep updating the application.