Sales Tax in Invoices Based on Buyer's Province

I am new to Dolibarr any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve seen similar threads and can’t find any answers to this basic question.
We would like to use Dolibarr to generate invoices for customer orders.
I have setup the tax rules under setup dictonaries.
When setting up an invoice I would like the correct sales tax amount to be auto applied to each product line item based on the buyer’s province. Sales tax differs by province in Canada. By default it is leaving each line’s sales tax field blank.
Thanks for any help

option 1 : set vat rates for each province in : Dictionary setup - VAT Rates or Sales Tax Rates , and choose vat manually for each invoice line.
option 2: it is work around, if you want to vat to be auto applied based on province. add custom countries along with province ( think of each province is a new country in the world, )
option 3: if you use pre defined products and services then add each product multiple times with different code for each province and define vat in there.

thank you, For vat to be auto applied with a pre-defined product do we have to setup the same product multiple times for each province or do I just requie option 2?

If just option 2, I don’t see any way of adding a custom country. Could you reply with step by step instructions? Below is what I have in that area so far. much appreciated.

Goto Dictionary setup - Countries
add country like :
Code Label
CAAB Canada (A:sunglasses:
CAQC Canada ( QC)

you may also need language files.

I have tested this in [Dolibarr 10.0.6] and there is no way I can find around the default tax rate set for the product overrirding all other settings. When creating an invoice based on a predefined product it displays the default tax rate set for the product and doesn’t look at whatever tax is set for the third party/customer. This means I would have to set up the same product multiple times, one for each province where there is a different tax. This will make my inventory competely incorrect.
I need some way to have the system auto apply the tax set in the third party/customer record.to be auto applied overriding any product tax default setting.

Can you elaborate this explanation? I have the same issue but I’m not sure I understand the steps but I think you have the solution.

Hi, did you find a way to solve this? I’m in the exact same position.

I have used dolibarr till version 10 , not sure if there is a new way now.
I have explained 3 workarounds above in this thread.
Let’s say tomorrow there are 2 new country in the world, and you want to add that new country in Dolibarr which may have 7% Tax and other on 10%.
It’s easy to add correct?
Now think of Province / state as new country.
So let’s say you have 2 states called A and B and your country is my country.
Add 2 more countries like
A- My country
B - My country
You can choose name which you can easily identify and distinguish.

After you have done above, for Customer address choose correct country like My country, A-mycountry or B My country depending on state.
Now your tax will be applied correct.

I see, thank you. However Dolibarr has these 2 rules:

1- If seller and buyer are in the same country the tax applied is the tax of the product.
2- If seller and buyer are NOT in the same country the tax defaults to zero.

Do you know how to solve this?

I haven’t upgraded dolibarr for a while.
Let me update and and check.
Else if you have pre defined products you can make different product for each state with different tax