ScanInvoices : OCR and Suppliers invoices import for Dolibarr is looking for non-french speaking users :)

Hello all,
i’m working hard on a plugin for suppliers invoices import (and more in future) with OCR and others data extractions tools.

The plugin is free and you can take it here: OCR - ScanInvoices

That plugin needs a special webservice to be used (because of ocr engine and some others tools normal users can’t add to a standard php/sql hosting plan like dolibarr need).

The webservice (his name is docwizon) can be self hosted and my company make some business around that. Now i’m looking for non-french speaking partners to bootsrap scaninvoices and docwizon outside France :slight_smile:

So if you are interesting in that sort of tools and services, please try the plugin and push some invoices, look at the result and contact us (by mail at contact at cap-rel.fr) if you want to become a partner and make reseller plan in your countries.

Hope to see you soon
Éric

3 Likes

it sound interesting what langues have you plan for or is it Transifex you are using

1 Like

hello @nemprinter : that’s not only question about translating the module but all the process. Did you try it ?

The “main” part of “localization” is about extraction filters : some regex to write for invoice number, date, amount etc. That’s not so hard for me in english & french but in other languages …

For example, what is “invoice number” in german ? in slovak ? in spannish ?

And i don’t know who and in what languages dolibarr users are :slight_smile: that’s the reason of this message.

1 Like

The OCR Scan Import service would be a lot interesting for incoming orders by clients, more than suppliers… In any case, we can help with italian translation.

2 Likes

Nice Work, Keep it up. I’m native German speaking and use Dollibar in Germany.

This free plugin will be a big help to users in managing their invoices! It’s also great that you’re looking for non-French-speaking partners to expand your business. Have you considered using smartengines.com for your OCR needs? They offer automatic, eco-friendly document scanning that could add immensely to your plugin. Keep up the excellent work, and good luck with your expansion!

Hello @JanLowe
thanks for your positive message.
About smartengines … it does not seems to be free software then i could not use it because it would become a big lock-out and technical debt :slight_smile:

can i use that OCR engine that is possible in NextCloud ??

Do you still need some help in spanish / catalan?