Self employed

I use Dolibarr for my freelance job: technical service for industrial graphics machinery.
After struggling with other ERP’s, I found Dolibarr to be easy to configure and to learn, tremendously fast and responsive, loaded with useful features.
:laugh:
Kudos for the language support! It was very gratifying to have Catalan language, and very well translated too. :woohoo:
The main modules I use right now is:
Contacts, with Third Parties classified as Customers and Suppliers.
Financial, whose main screen I love, all the relevant information very well sorted.
Banks, to which a CSV import would be very nice, to import the bank statements.
And had to activate Products and Commercial, to configure hourly wages as products and myself as salesperson to relate to customers and suppliers.

So the main use is to write bills, send them with the integrated email module, and keep track of the unpaid bills :angry:

I tried to use Products to handle spare parts, and Projects to track the repairs, but it was difficult to tweak them to my needs.

All in all, Dolibarr is an incredibly well written software.
I am recommending it to everyone I know, and telling them to make a donation.
Jordi,
Barcelona

2 Likes

I know this is a very old thread, however we have the same issue with tracking time… the idea of “Projects” comes from accounting where as most freelance workers want to bill hours not track projects.

The idea of Projects was you can create one with hours in it, as you work your hours pulls away from the project, generally the project is pre-paid so when it hits zero you know you have to contact the client, this works VERY well in an accountancy / lawyer industry but does not work well in a service industry, where you want to track hours and THEN bill them from the timesheet.

We are writing a whole timesheet module that will track hours, staff and be able to bill the time to the clients (outside of Projects), we are also looking at (in 2021) to link the timesheets to real timeclocks so the staff do not have to sign in to Dollibar or use the built in website we will create.

We might also look at payroll based on the timesheets the staff do as well.

Hello

You may use the timesheet module as a starting point:

There is already a more advanced invoicing part and entry (chrono) compared to the core

if I were you, I will have another module for the project cost management because it migh be required by people not having your time entry needs

Started one with building managment in mind but I stop because of the lack of feedback

best regards

note:I am not using dolibarr anymore so I think the timesheet users will appreciate new features