Sent emails don't appear in the Sent folder of the mail provider

Hello,

Hope you are all okay and healthy.

Dolibarr version: 10.0.0

I have my Emails setup done and so far it seems to work flawlessly.
My only issue is that there seems to be no trace of the sent email in the user’s “Sent” folder when checking using the web client of the mail provider. Neither is there a trace in the “Sent” folder of the email used for SMTP authentification.

I am courious if this is an isolated issue or if you had the same experience anywhere else and it is a general shortcoming.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Joseph

Who is your email SMTP provider ?
With google gmail for example, if email is sent using its smtp, it is automatically added to the Sent folder. But you may need to check an option on the setup of your google admin mail service.

My company uses IceWarp as the mail service.

This is very “provider” dependent, for example… if you use Google (Gmail) as there SMTP, when you send mail via IMAP or POP it will show up in GMAIL Sent Items, no other providers i know do this.

There are no real ways to get around this unless the provider does it for you… If Dolibarr had an IMAP conector, that would likely fix it, same as an ActiveSync connector as they work totally differently… this may be something we look at down the road as its a question we raised at the start, at the moment we would just CC accounts@, then have a rule in that mailbox to put those received emails in a special folder, but it would be better is accounts@ email list had the emails in the sent items… IMAP would likely be the easiest way to do this, however Dolibarr does not (currently) have anyway of using IMAP

This is likely something on our “to create a module to do” list (possibly).

Hello,

Thank both of you for the information. I will use the CC option to accomplish my needs for the moment.
Looking forward for the IMAP implementation.

Best regards,
Joseph