Setting up Virus scan

Hi

I try to set up the virus scan for uploading files to the server, but I can’t have it working. I’m on Debian 11 and have the clamdscan installed but still it gives error messages when running a test (or making an attempt to real download) : "The antivirus program was not able to validate the file (file might be infected by a virus). There is no virus so this is something else going on.

Full path to anitvirus command : /usr/bin/clamdscan (the file is there, I’ve checked and it is on 0755)
More parameters on command line : --fdpass

Any input anyone? I tried to set this up a couple of years ago, but gave it up, but now I will let more people in on the server and it is worriesome without virus protection.

Hello,

Have you posted that to the debian forum ?

Hi and thanks

No, but I will. Du u know if the error message is from Debian or is it a message from Dolibarr? "The antivirus program was not able to validate the file (file might be infected by a virus).”

Are my settings as I mentioned them in my firs message, correct from a Dolibarr point of view?

Best regards

Hans

Hi,

please also check, if your server has sufficient amount of memory. ClamAV needs a lot. If your system has less than 4GB, chances are that Linux kills the clamav process due to insufficient memory (at least occasionally), resulting in a failed virus scan which in turn does not allow to upload a file with the message you have received.

Joachim

Hi

Thanks. I’ve a VM with OVH and have 8GB. Running Virtualmin so I had a check and noted that I’ve given 8GB to MariaDB so I tried by limiting to 2GB for MariaDB, but no difference.

Solved

the clamdscan was not running! When trying on the command line I had an error that I gave to chat.opeai and it told me how to set the server up.!

Thanks

2 Likes