Shipping for purchase orders?

Is there any way to add a shipping card to a purchase order? This way we could add tracking numbers on purchase orders quickly see their shipping status.

Hi

If you enable the " SHIPMENTS " module , then you should have shipments in your PO card page .

Hi

Shipment module is enabled (it’s used heavy in Sales Orders) but there is no “Shipment” page under Purchase orders card.

Hi

Have you tried to disable purchase module and shipment module and enable them again ?
Also , do you give the user shipment module permission ?

Hello
My user (admin) has full access to all modules, I just double checked it. Shipping module for Customer Order works fine, but not for Vendor/Purchase orders. I tried to disable Vendor/Shipping and enable, but still cannot find Shipping card in a purchase order.

Hi

As my testing .
Do you enable RECEPTION module ?
If so , after you create a PO to vendor , do you make a order ?

After you make a order , you will see create receotion .

Hi

Thanks for the reply. There is a “classify reception” in the purchase order, which we use when the goods have received. However, this is not what I’m asking for. We would like to add a shipment card to the purchase order, so we can add a tracking number to the purchase order, so we can track the shipment before it’s delivered / reception. Just like it works for Sales Orders (see image of a sales order shipment).

Hi

It is a little confusing .
Shipment card is used for you sell product to your customer , and reception card is used for you purchase a product from your vendor .
If you enable reception module and create a reception card , then you will see a tracking number as below .

Ahhh, thank you! That was confusing indeed. Even more confusing is that you have to have a registered product (in stock) in the PO otherwise a reception card is not possible to create. Sometimes we order things for internal use (printer paper, printer ink, etc) that does not belong to the stock, so I had to create a junk product to add in all future PO to be able to add shipping number.

Hi

But i think for company , everything you buy should purchase it and into stock .
That is why dolibarr combine PO and shipment .
But i think it will be a good idea if these function could be separated .
You may go to Github and request this function .