Showing Virtual Stock on Products Page

We are unable to see virtual stock on products list page (This option somehow is related to the increase/decrease stock setup). If I enable the option to decrease stock when creating a shipment then I can see an option to add virtual stock on the products list page, or else I don’t see it there. Not sure why it is setup that way. But I am attaching screenshots for that here as well.

As you can imagine, that is not the option we plan on keeping enabled and thus need your help in being able to see virtual stock on the products list page, without its dependency on the stock module setup.
Just enabling the “decrease stock when creating a shipment” option is selected, then we can see the option to select virtual stock in columns.

I actually resolved the virtual stock option just now.
While typing about it, I thought about it and tested a very very small change and boom it hit the right spot.

Just changing the following line on /product/list.php page (line 127 - version 11.04) works.

Change it to virtualdiffersfromphysical = ‘1’ before the IF Loops. That does the trick.
(Not being a coder, I did not fiddle with the code a lot before asking it out here, but then since it worked, leaving the post up in case someone else needs this option as well).

1 Like