Status of translation (4 languages ready)

Dolibarr currently has only 3 languages (besides English) that are “ready to use”:

• French
  • Japanese
  • Romanian
    You are very welcome to sign up and help translate. I have personally single handedly translated almost all of the Swedish strings with the help of machine translation. It’s pretty fast and effective and when I encounter terms that the AI choose that I’m not happy with I can easily mass-replace them in the interface.
    Feel free to contact me if you need help to get started!
2 Likes

That’s great opportunity for the French, Japanese and Romanian people.

1 Like

To be fair 10-15 languages are only missing 100 translation strings and are probably fine to use.
I use Swedish and it’s missing 50 or so and that works fine :smiley:

1 Like

If you understand that this software has great potential, it is worth the effort to translate and adapt it for your country. I “adopted” it in 2019 for Romanian companies, initially I did local translation; this year we received the reviewer role in transifex and in a month we managed to put it and keep it ready. We hope to become local partners and integrators

Hi everyone, I really appreciate the release of v.14!
Thank you egils that you listed Japanese as a “ready to use” language.

Yes Japanese has gotten 100% translation, but we have many problems for using Dolibarr in Japan.
I’m running Dolibarr just in limited use because I’m facing so many problems and can’t find the solution in this forum nor anywhere. This is fatal for a non-programmer like me… I can’t recommend this program to another person yet .

In addition, our latest translations are not applied yet because we get no reviews in transifex. We have to see the awkward translation strings on the screen generated by machine translation and our improvements are not shown.

Sorry for my sad post, please understand that I’m recently very tired using Dolibarr in Japan.

1 Like

Hi TinyTiger2013,

due to the nature and complexity of ERP systems, I fully agree that it’s not always easy initially and also sometimes it takes quite some patience. But I hope that it will be possible for you and the community to overcome the current roadblocks.

Regarding the translations: I found some information about the process in the wiki: https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php?title=Translator_documentation#Other_questions_on_transifex_process

From what I understand, all translations will go into the release, not just the reviewed ones. But they are only imported once prior to a major Dolibarr release from Transifex. Everything which got translated after the release of 14.0.0 will go into 15.0.0, irrespective whether it got reviewed or not. I.e. nothing is lost regarding the latest translations :slight_smile: - it’s just not yet put into 14.0.1. Reason being, that for the major releases there is a broader review process (of the overall release), so chances would be high to not find major problems in the translations, if they are just taken into the minor releases as they are.

Regarding the other problems you are facing, it probably makes sense to open another thread (if not already done, did not yet have a look) and see, if somebody is able to help. Are there general problems with the functionality of Dolibarr or do you have specific needs, e.g. for Japanese regulations, which are not met at the moment?

When I initially had a look at the translations, I was very amazed and impressed to see also the Japanese language which such a good coverage. I hope that in the end we can also see a good coverage in usability and actual use!

2 Likes

Sorry I’m late priojk, and thanks for your kind comment.

Regarding translations, it was very helpful to know that translations are applied to major releases even if they are not reviewed.
I should have looked all over the wiki.

Currently, the most serious problem is the rounding issue (e.g. Error VAT Calculation ? - #6 by eldy).
It is fatal and impractical that the total amount of each invoice calculated manually and the total amount of multiple invoices displayed in dolibarr is different.

There are several other problems, such as the order of addresses (in Japan; prefectures - cities - towns - numbers).
I have already posted a few things on the forum and got a few answers. Unfortunately, being a non-programmer, sometimes the answers I get are not enough to give my Dolibarr a solution.
It will take a long time to post all my problems in the forum. And I guess people may be too busy to answer each post.

All I can do is keep refining Japanese translations!
Thanks

I am trying to join the language translation team for the language – Hindi.

But no response till now from Dolibarr ERP & CRM software localization

Can someone from the core team know this?

** we will do the complete language translation for the Hindi language.

@eldy can you help on that ?

Hi @bgogii, you request has been validated.