Stuck at step 82 with upgrade (v13 > 14)

Hi, its been stuck on step 82 for 4 hours, it might have been started twice, although i am sure this never damaged the upgrade before.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Hello,

There is only 5 steps to upgrade so no idea about step “82”

1 Like

Please see image
Piccy

Been running 12 hours now, i assume its crashed, how do we recover from this?

Do you have a backup before upgrade…?

yesbee

Ironically yes, as we are looking at moving it from one server to another, so i actually have a whole SQL dump of the container and HTML folders

Super. Are you trying to upgrade in the order 13.0.0, 13.0.2, 13.0.4 and 14.0.0…?

13.something to 14.0.0

UPDATE (FIXED)

• This appears to be a timing issue, we increased the HTTP server timeout to 1200 seconds (20 mins) and it gets past the 216 SQL steps, however it still doesnt complete

• This appeared to be a virtual machine issue, due to the disk speed which was almost always at 100% utilization, thus not allowing enough time for the SQL database to do what it requires and then hanging the update

• We moved the machine on to real storage being SSD, thus increasing the speed of the disks, then running update it completed in about 30 seconds (from start to end).

• As a side note, we did upgrade the one that failed many times (we ran it about 30 times) and that did upgrade with what appears to be no issues

• Once we worked out it was a disk problem, we then removed the dolibarr database in SQL and restored the original v13 and re-run the update so we had a clean update.

• I believe a test in the admin tools should be in place for a database speed test (so a random read / writes with known speeds to confirm this kinda thing doesn’t happen).

• We have seen disk issue on Windows 10 on real PCs with the Antivirus exhibiting a similar issue, using 100% disk capacity, so this can be a real problem with some PCs, generally we found the Antivirus had something it couldn’t remove correctly, it then got stuck in a 100% utilization state permanently, the only fix ive seen for this was to load another Antivirus, remove the problem file the go back to Microsoft. Once the Antivirus gets stuck like this, restarts do not fix the issue, turning the Antivirus off also doesnt always fix it.

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable and detailed information.
Upgrade needs a bit of ressources, it could be problematic on shared hosting.