Stuck on quantities for packaging

I have originally defined supplier packaging to be used but I am not sure if its implementation was studied deeply enough or at least taking into account the usual business scenarios.

I have defined Product A (ref = PROD_A) as sold by my vendor with a packaging of 6 units and reference 1234-P6. That’s the only way he sold it. No problem so far.

Suddenly he decided to sell in another packaging of 100 units the exact same product (my ref PROD_A) and he has a different reference for it (1234-1U). He still keeps the packaging of 6 units available. It’s 2 diferent references for him.

How do I solve the problem of ordering 100 hundered units now. Edit the supplier price? What happens with all previously generated documents?

Any help or solution is welcome.
Thanks

Hello, I would say use a different product or productvariant. Documents created won’t be affected. Only If you adjust orders.

Thanks for coming back on this.

The first suggestion defeats the purpose of managing products and inventory with the help of a program. The product variant might be a way to go but won’t that create a different product as well?

I’ll check into that and come back.